My Third.

Have a photo you want to share?
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

My Third.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I have three dogs now. I have a 2 year old Basset. Thalie is 15 now and as much as I hope she lives for ever, I know she wont. My Sadie, who is 6 and many old timers here know her stories of having Sadie Soup made of her, Is very insecure and attatched to Thalie. I had met an animal behaviorist last year and suggested getting another dog now for Sadie to bond to, she said Sadie would not be able to function on her own. Sadie cant go out alone, someone must be out with her, she just hates being alone.

After thinking of where I am in my life now, and having a crack head dog ( Sadie), Its time for a while to have the opposite. I am able to travel more, my kids are at an age to travel with me. Sadie is banned from the boarding kennel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I grew up with Bassets and love them. They are perfect. Stubborn and will sleep all day, cant beat that .

Her name is Cookie
Attachments
IMG_4870.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG (880.53 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
IMG_4805.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG (848.02 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
IMG_4837.JPG
IMG_4837.JPG (691.29 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: My Third.

Post by centrop67 »

A big DSF welcome to Cookie!
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Awwww.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Cookie is adorable. Looks like a good snuggle dog.
Karen & Xander
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

OMG she is a snuggle bunny!!!! Bassets are so funny, they paw your leg for attention and they usually get it. so everytime I am not moving I feel a bang on my leg, and of course, I bend down to scratch her.
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

She is so sweet.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

0_0 I want Thalie to live forever though. She's so cool. How did Sadie get banned!? :doh:
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Duke wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 pm 0_0 I want Thalie to live forever though. She's so cool. How did Sadie get banned!? :doh:
yeah, me too. She is the best. Sadie............now that's another story :DSangel: . She HATES being separated from me and it is getting worse as she gets older. At the kennel she just barks and barks, even though she is together with Thalie. I can just imagine thalie shoving her head into the dog bed "MAKE IT STOP!!" Sadie also jumps on the walls. One time I asked for the bigger kennel and they said NO, Sadie is a party girl and claws the walls and the larger kennels are sheetrock. :eek:

So last year when I picked them up on the recipt was a nice handwritten note.." I think Sadie would do better with in home dog sitting"

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Ohmygod...Sadie and my son share a brain.;-)
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 pm Ohmygod...Sadie and my son share a brain.;-)
Ha ha ha ha.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

[/quote]
yeah, me too. She is the best. Sadie............now that's another story :DSangel: . She HATES being separated from me and it is getting worse as she gets
[/quote]

I am in the bonding period. I have been warned to be careful so that my dog doesn't become to attached to me and cause this anxiety. What pointers do you have for me?
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:03 am
I am in the bonding period. I have been warned to be careful so that my dog doesn't become to attached to me and cause this anxiety. What pointers do you have for me?
Always remember that the dog is a dog before any cuddle buddy or lap dog, never let your pup out the crate when it's whining or barking for attention, especially if you know the dog recently just went out and it can't be because she needs to pee. If bedrooms are upstairs, what I did was keep crate on main floor and sleep upstairs in peace, I never saw a reason why my dog needed to be upstairs, especially because he's a dog, no reason to lay down outside the shower door.

Now that he's outside the crate, he has no interest upstairs, doesn't go up there for anything, and doesn't complain when I go up there without him
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 pm Ohmygod...Sadie and my son share a brain.;-)
HAHAHAHAHA
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Joxgirl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:03 am
I dont know, they will bond with you. If they are around you all of the time. Sadie attached to Thalie because Sadie was a rescue and was taken away from her mom too early, so Thalie became her mom.

Now that Thalie is sleeping more and I have Cookie, Sadie and Cookie have bonded, and Sadie has bonded to me more. ITs part of having a dog, thats what they do. THey do get more separation anxiety as they get older too. Sadie has. I think too now that Thalie is sleeping more and not following me around as much, Sadie is a bit more attached to me so when I go away (bathroom) she gets upset.
ImageImage
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

Post by Dree_19 »

Aww best things come in 3's! Cookie is adorable! We've always had 3 dogs. The last 2 years I lost my 2 GSD's. With the addition of West we have 2 now. We got him at a time we knew we were soon getting our third. Wanted him first knowing we would be in for a more involved process just because of the breed. We will be bringing home #3 in 2 weeks. A WL GSD who is the last link to my late (and favorite) Rocco. Can't wait! It is going to be insane around here but thankfully West has been amazing to train, bond with family, and socialize with small kids and other dogs. He's well mannered and only has one crazy 1/2 hour per day usually in the evening! We've remedied that by doing his bite work during that time. Then he sleeps soundly all night.

I was worried about the attachment issues with a DS but I have several crates and an expen in different areas and I move him around a lot throughout the day so he is not always in the fray. I plan to do this with the new GSD and not give them much together time. Hopefully that will help. It worked with the last 2 GSD's. They never "needed" each other.
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sadie is the only dog I have ever had bond to the other dog. Its because of her horrible puppy hood. She is a very needy and insecure dog.
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm Sadie is the only dog I have ever had bond to the other dog. Its because of her horrible puppy hood. She is a very needy and insecure dog.
I can't imagine anyone being cruel to a puppy but I understand that's probably what happened to her. It's very sad. Thankfully she has a good mother.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:55 pm I can't imagine anyone being cruel to a puppy but I understand that's probably what happened to her. It's very sad. Thankfully she has a good mother.

Agree
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

well....................... there have been many many times where She almost became Sadie soup
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:40 pm well....................... there have been many many times where She almost became Sadie soup
I'm afraid to ask, " what happened?"
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG