Pork chop.

Have a photo you want to share?
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Pork chop.

Post by Joxgirl »

This little piggy gained 4 pounds in just one week!!! :eek:
IMG_6536.JPG
IMG_6536.JPG (102.39 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
way to grow little girl!!!
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Pork chop.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

so cute
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

:lol: lol. Love the heading. We have a friend we used to call pork chop!
Side note: there were weeks that my Shiloh Shep. gained more than seven pounds!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

Awwww! How old / current weight? We started at 11, went to 18 by second visit, 23 by third. I started slow feeding Kapena at 8 weeks in his crate to make it a happy place. I used the long puppy ball filled to the brim (we measured out how much our medium held) and then rest in an upside down bowl so he had to work for it. It definitely helped! Eventually we'll have to invest in a slow feeder but I had to find a way to slow him down because his idea of eating was bashing his open mouth into the bowl like a hungry hungry hippo and it went everywhere. Lol
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

DaHawaiianDS wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 pm Awwww! How old / current weight? We started at 11, went to 18 by second visit, 23 by third. I started slow feeding Kapena at 8 weeks in his crate to make it a happy place. I used the long puppy ball filled to the brim (we measured out how much our medium held) and then rest in an upside down bowl so he had to work for it. It definitely helped! Eventually we'll have to invest in a slow feeder but I had to find a way to slow him down because his idea of eating was bashing his open mouth into the bowl like a hungry hungry hippo and it went everywhere. Lol
That's pretty much how my DS eats. She chokes& hacks all the time during training. We use a slow bowl and a Kong wobbler. She'd probably LITERALLY die if allowed to eat at will from a full bowl.
My Shiloh shepherd, Aurora is about 95 lbs. She's ten. If memory serves me, her twelfth week on the ground she gained 7-12.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

apple sauce
ImageImage
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

What kinda of slow feeders do you use? We improvised initially.
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

Also, as a puppy they've told us to control his growth so we are very intentional on what he eats and what he gets. Breeder and vets have told us if we give in and feed too fast it can hurt him and his joints. He'd really like to be 100lbs right now.
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

DaHawaiianDS wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:23 am What kinda of slow feeders do you use? We improvised initially.
My wife got it. Might even be from a dollar store. I keep describing it as "looking like a cat toy". Let me search for a link to something similar.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

DaHawaiianDS wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:23 am What kinda of slow feeders do you use? We improvised initially.
My wife got it. Might even be from a dollar store. I keep describing it as "looking like a cat toy".
Here it is:
https://www.chewy.com/outward-hound-fun ... lsrc=aw.ds
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:54 am apple sauce
no one???
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 am
My wife got it. Might even be from a dollar store. I keep describing it as "looking like a cat toy".
Here it is:
i had one for sadie but she would get mad and flip it
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:39 pmno one???
I was going to start adding side dishes like my favorite w/Pork Chops: Au Gratin Potatoes
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

pork cops and apple sause.....the brady bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rZEPVttuY
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm
Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:39 pmno one???
I was going to start adding side dishes like my favorite w/Pork Chops: Au Gratin Potatoes
Ok...I'm actually pretty upset that I didn't catch that. I'm usually keen on detecting a gap where I can insert my own sarcasm. I've been in a lot of pain from taking my back a couple weeks ago. I'll blame it on that. That said:
Sauteed Brussel sprouts.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:40 pm
Here it is:
I remember you telling us that. I'm surprised En hasn't done that.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:40 pm
Here it is:
Is it made out of plastic? Part of the reason we use a heavy metal bowl is so he can't toss or flip it. I suspect this would go flying as well! Lol
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:07 pm :lol: lol. Love the heading. We have a friend we used to call pork chop!
Side note: there were weeks that my Shiloh Shep. gained more than seven pounds!
Wow 7 pounds. Good to know. I know I'm not over feeding but this is so different from a human baby.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

DaHawaiianDS wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 pm Awwww! How old / current weight?
9 weeks/ 17 lbs.

like a hungry hungry hippo and it went everywhere. Lol
That's funny.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:52 pm
DaHawaiianDS wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 pm Awwww! How old / current weight? We started at 11, went to 18 by second visit, 23 by third. I started slow feeding Kapena at 8 weeks in his crate to make it a happy place. I used the long puppy ball filled to the brim (we measured out how much our medium held) and then rest in an upside down bowl so he had to work for it. It definitely helped! Eventually we'll have to invest in a slow feeder but I had to find a way to slow him down because his idea of eating was bashing his open mouth into the bowl like a hungry hungry hippo and it went everywhere. Lol
That's pretty much how my DS eats. She chokes& hacks all the time during training. We use a slow bowl and a Kong wobbler. She'd probably LITERALLY die if allowed to eat at will from a full bowl.
My Shiloh shepherd, Aurora is about 95 lbs. She's ten. If memory serves me, her twelfth week on the ground she gained 7-12.
My pup is a bit more lady like. She east with medium gusto. She doesn't even finish the 1 1/2 cup of food every time at each feeding.
I train her with snacks and her kibble. Working on Name, Sits, eye contact, and plots at the moment. So she's eating.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG