Karma fat n prego..

Have a photo you want to share?
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Karma fat n prego..

Post by Wes Thomas »

Karma has a little over 2 weeks left and hopefully she will be delivering her 1st litter. It's crazy how different she has been since she's been pregnant. Obviously hormone changes just like humans but man have I been surprised. She hasn't lost any of her prey drive when it come to playing fetch but she has completely lost her protection drive over the last month or so. She is no longer aggressive to anyone who pulls up to my house even if I'm not outside. When before anyone wouldn't dare step foot on my property unless I was there with Karma and giving her commands.
We went for a hike last Friday and she was ignoring half of my commands which is so uncommon for her. I think she just knows she's pregnant so she thinks she can do whatever she likes now lol. I'm hoping she does well with the puppies and doesn't try and harm them like some horror stories I've heard about high drive malinios new mom's.
Attachments
MVIMG_20180927_220019_crop_646x783.jpg
MVIMG_20180927_220019_crop_646x783.jpg (340.75 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Re: Karma fat n prego..

Post by Mark77 »

Did you put the dogs in the pedigree database yet so that these pup owners can trace the lineage? You should be working on that, just register, find your dogs sire/dam and then link the parents. Once that's done, you can link the puppies and take pics of each one when they are born. Let the new owners edit the pups, add pictures, and then you can see how they are doing for generations.
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

I do have all of her pedigree and lineage for several generations but I'm not sure about what pedigree database you are referring to. Could you better explain more about the database Mark so I could look in to it. I'm definitely not against it.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

I’m interested in hearing more about the data base too.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Wes, do you have any pictures of Karma standing, while big and pregnant?
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG