My dog sits funny...does yours?

Have a photo you want to share?
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

My dog sits funny...does yours?

Post by Sugars Mom »

Sugar has a funny sitting position. While she does sit "normal", she quite often sits back on her tailbone and its looks rather funny. Here's some pics, and I wondered if any of yours does the same?

Or sits like this:

And when she's in the truck, she stands looking out the front and leans her weight on the back of the seat and balances with her front legs.

Love to see some pics of any funny sits from your dogs!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: My dog sits funny...does yours?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I thought Sadie was the only one who sat with her body all over the place, Ill have to get some pictures. Thalie sits nice and proper with her legs tucked in but Sadie is all over the place. Thalie will sit like Sugar, with her but on one stair and her front legs on the other stair. They are like spiders, all legs LOL
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ah ha, I knew I could count on you and Sadie for something!

I look forward to seeing some pics :dswink"
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

i think I posted one of her in the car a while back, but id be happy to share again. Ill get current pictures of mrs proper. I have a video of her too that I took the other day in the stream and how she very "gracefully" climbed over a rock :dswink"

ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sugars Mom wrote:Ah ha, I knew I could count on you and Sadie for something!

I look forward to seeing some pics :dswink"

So far thats about all I can count on her for :whistle:
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh......... in the first picture Sugar is leaning against the sofa. How many other DS's lean? This is thalies forte, she always leans against the cabinets in the kitchen, she will even move closer so she can lean........ok..enough posting for now :music2:
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Geyser does those very sloppy sits when waiting to be released from her crates, and other times, too. I'm very glad she does great, square sits when it's required!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Dutchringgirl wrote:oh......... in the first picture Sugar is leaning against the sofa. How many other DS's lean? This is thalies forte, she always leans against the cabinets in the kitchen, she will even move closer so she can lean........ok..enough posting for now :music2:
Oh ya, Sugar is a leaner!

And that is a cute pic of Sadie with her legs stretched out like that. I haven't seen Sugar do that one! Very funny!
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

It's puppy-style sit, here they stopped sitting like that when they got older... I do have a friend that own a boxer-mix, he still sits like that :D Looks cute :)
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

bringing back the old post.

Duke does this too

also he sits like a person in the back seat, upright
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Post by Duke »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 am
This picture tho!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

ha,
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Mine does but she moves to fast to get a pic.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Joxgirl wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:26 am Mine does but she moves to fast to get a pic.
i hope she doent sadie has double hip dysplasia so she doest sit right much of the time
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

I think it's more puppy cute sitting than an hip issue... at least I hope so.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 pm I think it's more puppy cute sitting than an hip issue... at least I hope so.
too early to determine any hip issues still have a lot to grow
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Aurora sat like that for a very long time. Even though her hip X rays came back clear from any dysplasia, she's still always been a touch lame. Pretty sure it's soft tissue damage from me working her too hard while she was too young. To be fair, when I saw the sire's owner load him into their car at the end of temp.testing day, they had to scoop his rear up& in.
Don't worry! Lots of puppies sit like that. Just remember to take it easy on the high impact stuff for a year or so!
Rogue is adorable!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

IMG_6547.JPG
IMG_6547.JPG (169.49 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
She sits a little funny. Look at her right leg.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG