Are DS good with kids?

Have a photo you want to share?
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Are DS good with kids?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Well, I can assure you one is. :whistle:
Spa Day
Spa Day
thalie_spa1.jpg (39.09 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
Are we almost done?
Are we almost done?
thalie_spa.jpg (37.65 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
Final touches.
Final touches.
thalie_dress.jpg (85.05 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Re: Are DS good with kids?

Post by kchristy »

lol awesome pics of Thalie, love the nail polish lol!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Choochi
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.

Post by Choochi »

omg lmao!! especially the last one! who knew a dog could make that outfit look dignified!
Choochi
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

LOL, too funny!
Sue (and Sugar)

Jbou
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I'm a person who is rally working hard with our dogs in many sports: Oddience, conformation, Sch, agility and Rally-O.
I breed standard schnauzer around 20 years.
I, also , work with my 4lbs pomeranian girl in those same activities.
I dream about a Dutch dog since a saw them in France in a frind house.

Post by Jbou »

Too sweet !
So cuty :-))
1 picture worth 1000 words :-))
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

:dsshock: :dssmile:
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

My little girl loves her kids. She is a little rambunctious and tries to nip them if they run. I have no doubt that we will stop that behavior as she gains self control (she is 5 months old). However, she ADORES toddlers and tiny children and seems to know not to jump on or rough house with them. She will actually lay down and try to be tiny, so they will come see her. She has a special ear set (flat back) that she only seems to use for bitty ones. :P

My kids are older and she thinks that they hung the moon.
Riding with the big kids.
Riding with the big kids.
IMG_0713.jpg (53 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
Snuggling with her girl.
Snuggling with her girl.
IMG_0734.jpg (114.74 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
Both of my kids dislike dogs. I don't know how it happened but they are cat people only. Xena, however has wormed her way into their hearts so I have hope for grand-dogs someday... maybe. :dssmile:
Lauren from Western NC
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Ha, Lauren she is so cute with the kids!
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Very cute! I notice in the pic in the car with the kids it looks like she is leaning her butt against your son. Sugar does the same leaning thing in the car to balance. She pushes her weight in her butt back against something and uses her front legs to balance herself on the turns. 8-)
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

yeah, and your son dosnt look too happy with that end ;)
ImageImage
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.

Post by ZodiacT »

That last pic really made me laugh :dssmile:

Our girl is very gentle with children, which is great because when we're walking the neighborhood kids like to run up to her and pet her without even asking me first :roll: Sometimes I think the kids should be the ones on leashes.
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
Panchovilla
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Retired software engineer, now volunteer. I have a one year old Dutchie named Burt. He’s training in sports, dock diving, and therapy. He gives me new purpose and I love the rambunctious lil-big guy.

Post by Panchovilla »

Socialize when they’re young and they will never leave their side. Nip the nipping in the butt. This behavior is unacceptable 😊
Burt-Da-Flurt