June 2012 - Only in <insert place you live here>

Monthly Photo Contest
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Re: June 2012 - Only in <insert place you live here>

Post by felixone123 »

Odin lounging at home in Fishkill, NY.
IMG_4224.JPG
IMG_4224.JPG (158.95 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
Barbara, Odin & Kai
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

GSDNanny wrote:Eric, BEST THEME EVER! I like this.
:mrgreen:
GSDNanny wrote: I have something in mind too (gator country :eek: ). Yeh me, who never posts pics. I'll give it a try though.
Bring it on Neighbor! 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
esanders09
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My husband and I adopted a shepherd mix from Chicago Animal Care & Control a couple of years ago. It has since become apparent to us that she's at least part Dutch Shepherd.

Post by esanders09 »

Pepper enjoying a beautiful day in Chicago
Attachments
photo(11).JPG
photo(11).JPG (193.1 KiB) Viewed 5557 times
Elizabeth and Pepper
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

wow, love the chicago pic!
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

OH, how I miss Chicago (lived there for 13 years...) nice pic!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Judith, working on it!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Kgazlay
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a women of a certain age who adopted my dog Ozzy two years ago. He is a beautiful short haired black and gold brindle. Unfortunately in the first year of his life he had four owners and a short stint in the pound because the people who took him had no idea what the breed is about. He has become a loving companion who loves his walks and particularly going to the off leash park and running with the other dogs. He is truly my best friend.

Post by Kgazlay »

Let's see, we are known as the city of fountains wonder if I can sneak Oz into one?
Kathy and Ozzy "Prince of Darkness" Gazlay
Kansas City, MO

"Animals are such agreeable friends - They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms" - George Elliott
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Kgazlay wrote:Let's see, we are known as the city of fountains wonder if I can sneak Oz into one?
go early on a sunday morning when no one is around...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

OK, I made the trip downtown for this pic, but couldn't fit it all in and see Sugar very well. Here is Sugar at the Parliment Building here in Victoria BC...and I guess I need to go with the second pic for my contest submission
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Wow Sue, what a nice pic! Love the building too, when was it build? Sugar seems real proud to be an american girl 8-) :)

Here's my entry, drove to the bridge over the river "Rhein" which is the main transport river from the Alps into Holland. This bridge is the longest suspending bridge in Germany and by locals ( that would be us :D ) reffered to as "the pink panther", you can see for yourself where we got that nickname :mrgreen: I drive over this bridge everyday on my way home to Warbeyen from my work in Holland:

felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

wow, I love all these pics!! going to be really hard to vote for one!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Marjolein wrote:Wow Sue, what a nice pic! Love the building too, when was it build? Sugar seems real proud to be an american girl 8-) :)
Sugar says thanks and:

Here's what I found on when it was built: "The construction of the BC Parliament Buildings in 1893 was led by a 25 year old architect by the name of Francis Rattenbury. It was in 1897, during Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, that the construction was deemed complete." or you can read about it here http://www.victoriabc.ca/victoria/parli ... ldings.htm
Sue (and Sugar)

Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

felixone123 wrote:wow, I love all these pics!! going to be really hard to vote for one!!
I agree!
Sue (and Sugar)

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

I know I know I know.... I didn't submit a photo yet either. Contest is closing soon...
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:Wow Sue, what a nice pic! Love the building too, when was it build? Sugar seems real proud to be an american girl 8-) :)
I agree. Lovely pic! (and I like the first one Sue, where you can see the entire beautiful building)
Mevr Van den Berg: schoolgeld terug vragen. BC stands for British Columbia. Sue posted the flag of the corresponding country above. ;) For Marjolein's own submission, somehow I was expecting "beer und bratwurst" :doh: ;)

Eric. I had big plans for this month's contest, but I know I am already beat anyway. :oops: (So it will suffice for me to do my virtual travels, thanks to this months contest)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

vneerland wrote: I agree. Lovely pic! (and I like the first one Sue, where you can see the entire beautiful building)
I like that pic too, but you can hardly see Sugar, and well, it is a DS contest, so what am I to do?
Sue (and Sugar)

Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

AAARG! How frustrating! The Town mascot (giant toy horse) was stolen the day before I took a picture and now I have procrastinated to the very last minute to take my second choice picture and I left my camera at my herding lesson!!!

AAAACK! Well, maybe next month. Besides, the competition is fierce!
Lauren from Western NC