November 2010 Photo Contest -- Puppies

Monthly Photo Contest
syzygy
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Re: November 2010 Photo Contest -- Puppies

Post by syzygy »

>>(Leih wrote) Glad you persisted, Ellisa. That's a great picture!<<<

Thanks, it was a battle! I am still trying to make the process easy for dial-up speeds. Plus this is my first forum and it's pretty alien. I now have a cheap "emergency" camera I got after the old Mavica died; it really *stinks* and will not take an in-focus picture less than a gazillion MB so it's right back to the drawing board lol!!! Someday--the good digital Nikon. Iam a commercial artist and really need one. But I still do art the old fashioned non-digital way, too. Old fashioned, I guess.

It's still hard to touch Rochele's puppy--that is just too funny. And the longhair--that is adorable.

Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
Beechtree
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I currently own a LH-DS dog in the USA, and would like to network with other DS owners

Post by Beechtree »

icvanstra wrote:WAHOOOOO our first Longhaired entrant into the monthly contest!!!!
Thanks ! Eric
Had I been aware of, and a member to the Forum in time to submit photos for the calendar contest, I would have plied them with a few LH-DS pixs. I'm quite prejudice IMO that they are lovely dogs. I had Tervs many years ago, and when I decided on getting a new companion dog the LH-DS was a natural choice. :D
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Beechtree wrote: Had I been aware of, and a member to the Forum in time to submit photos for the calendar contest, I would have plied them with a few LH-DS pixs. I'm quite prejudice IMO that they are lovely dogs. I had Tervs many years ago, and when I decided on getting a new companion dog the LH-DS was a natural choice. :D

Yay! Please do send us your LH-DS photos!

Despite some difficulties with this year's vote for calendar photos, we'll be doing it all again next year. :D
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Hey all, I have really enjoyed you sharing all of your puppy pics!! I wish I could participate and post too but I didnt get my Zip til she was past puppy stage (a rescue). Keep sharing though so I can see what I missed out on.

Denise Gatlin
Louisiana

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

I cannot decide which one to post... :?
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Lovely!!
Kelly
Koenig
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

FG167 wrote:Image
That one brings back memories.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

Christie M wrote:
FG167 wrote:Image
That one brings back memories.
Me too! He was such an adorable tiny little thing you just wanted to squeeze him - that's usually when the teeth came out - he was a MONSTER! lol
jimmy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Working dutch shepherd breeder

Post by jimmy »

Here"s my participation ! El' Boy Des Fonds De Gueule - 4 month old !

ImageZimage.biz
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Look at the bone in those legs! Awesome!
Kelly
Koenig
FG167
Green Dog

Post by FG167 »

turnnburn52984 wrote:Look at the bone in those legs! Awesome!
I agree! What a looker!