LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Re: July 2013 Photo Contest: Nap Time

Post by LyonsFamily »

Odin sleeping.jpg
Odin sleeping.jpg (227.14 KiB) Viewed 4957 times
It's not the best quality, but here's Odin ready to go back to sleep in the morning.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Re: July 2013 Photo Contest: Nap Timephanie

Post by johninny »

well, obviously the caffeine wore off ! Stephanie, when i saw you had posted, i could not wait to see your caffeine addict at nap time.
on a more serious note, it always amazes me how these high energy dogs wake up as slowly as i do - always ready to go back to sleep for a while in the morning. [ and then, finally, the usual take-no-prisoners play between/among them is so slow-motion, gentle, and joyful in the early hours of waking. ]
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

johninny wrote:well, obviously the caffeine wore off ! Stephanie, when i saw you had posted, i could not wait to see your caffeine addict at nap time.
on a more serious note, it always amazes me how these high energy dogs wake up as slowly as i do - always ready to go back to sleep for a while in the morning. [ and then, finally, the usual take-no-prisoners play between/among them is so slow-motion, gentle, and joyful in the early hours of waking. ]
He sleeps with his eyes open sometimes. I'll try to get a picture this week. He gets all twitchy and then you'll really start thinking he's an addict.
Stephanie
Revhendo
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Howdy,
We are a family of rescues, (yeah, me included), in Southern California. My wife and I currently have two dogs, a Golden Retriever/ GSD mix by the name of Morgan, and our DS mix(?), Dinga Roo. We had never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd before until we were stalked by this nice lady in the pet store who asked us if Roo was a DS. Dang if that lady wasn't on to something. I just found this site, so here we are....

Kevin

Post by Revhendo »

LyonsFamily wrote:
johninny wrote:well, obviously the caffeine wore off ! Stephanie, when i saw you had posted, i could not wait to see your caffeine addict at nap time.
He sleeps with his eyes open sometimes. I'll try to get a picture this week. He gets all twitchy and then you'll really start thinking he's an addict.
I always wonder what they dream about. Then again, I'm sure I don't want to know.
Kevin, Debby,
Dinga Roo (DS mix), John's Goddaughter and Tyson's twin,
and Morgan too (Retriever/GSD mix).
Loving memories of our GSD Charly who passed at 17 years. (4/18/13).
MeganBays
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Post by MeganBays »

I was looking through some of my old pics, and came across this one of our first litter. The pups I think were around 6ish weeks, and we had been playing before they all just crashed in a circle lol. They are still deceivingly cute here. :twisted:

Untitled by MeganBays, on Flickr
Kole Mountain's "A" Litter
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

OMG - LOL at the puppy sleeping circle and the last one standing, ''HEY!, what happened guys?''

Stephanie, my TexXander has recently been reminding me of Odin - just a bit less caffeinated. but he also mostly sleeps with his eyes open and often twitches.
Kevin, Tracedog was the most extreme dreamer I have had. he seemed to have many vivid dreams - and most of the time seemed to be having a great time. sometimes - sleeping on his side - his legs would be running [his whole body a couple times in full gallop !] and he would be barking. i was always surprised he did not wake himself up. a few times i woke him up when he seemed to be having a nightmare.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

johninny wrote:OMG - LOL at the puppy sleeping circle and the last one standing, ''HEY!, what happened guys?''
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That picture is too stinking cute!!! :DSlove:
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
anniewang83
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Annie & Nick, first time owners of a dutch shepherd, named Amber, rescue from North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue (NADSR), fostered and trained by Kim Futch. Amber's favorite things to do are eating, chasing balls, chasing frisbees and napping with us in bed.

Post by anniewang83 »

Megan Bays - the picture is ADORABLE. the caption that comes to mind is "hunger games winner"
Nick & Annie (humans)
Amber (Dutchie)
currently living in New York City
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Johnny, You are so right, for high energy super aware dogs, they take forever to wake up. Sadie always passes out and wakes up all groggy and it takes a while for her eyes to come back around. Thalie , though, rarley sleeps during the day, but when she does, legs are going, barking, tail wagging the works. Sadie dosnt dream much, or if she does, her body dosnt move very much.

Megan - That is the cutest picture !!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

I'd imagine Megan's picture is what Sadie's litter looked like. Everyone is passed out from the Sadie farts with her just standing in the middle wondering what happened.
Stephanie
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

LyonsFamily wrote:I'd imagine Megan's picture is what Sadie's litter looked like. Everyone is passed out from the Sadie farts with her just standing in the middle wondering what happened.
HAHAHAHA That is sooooooooooooo funny !!!! and true, that is what we looked like, me, kids ,Thalie passed out and Sadie wondering what happned.
ImageImage
Tomoe
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: First dutchie, GSD previouslyi

Post by Tomoe »

Tomo is her name, about 16 weeks....
Attachments
tomo pics 045 resize.jpg
tomo pics 045 resize.jpg (135.43 KiB) Viewed 4887 times
Selena
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.

Post by Selena »

Rosie (van leeuwen's awhole lotta rosie :mrgreen: )at 7ish weeks. She's now 9 ish wks
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (284.49 KiB) Viewed 4880 times
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh how cute !!!!
ImageImage
Brindle Colt
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Colt, a two year old Dutch Shepherd (?) born in Ontario November 13, 2010.

Post by Brindle Colt »

This is Colt, resting after a long day of playing on the beach and swimming!
johninny
Working Dog

Post by johninny »

here is the debut photo of TRACER, born 4 May 2013, napping on his first day at his new home after being shown around by his older puppy brothers TexXander and Sakima
Attachments
Tracer napping at end of 1st day home.JPG
Tracer napping at end of 1st day home.JPG (506.54 KiB) Viewed 4810 times
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

awwwww Tracer looks so happy in that nice plush bed.
ImageImage
Dutchie_17
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm Liz I am 21 & in currently in the process of getting my first Dutch Shepherd!!

Post by Dutchie_17 »

sleeping in the classic Dutchie pose....haha

Liz and Titus <3
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

Hilde catching just a couple of winks...
Sleepy_Hilde.jpg
Sleepy_Hilde.jpg (127.65 KiB) Viewed 4801 times
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde