December 2013 - Daredevil

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

December 2013 - Daredevil

Post by icvanstra »

The theme for December 2013: Daredevil

----

The usual rules plus a new one.

1) Submit only one photo.
- Yep, I reserve the right to delete any extra photo's that are submitted. I may randomly keep one...maybe I'll keep the first one or the last one...

2) By submitting the photo you are stating you have rights to the photo
- Why is this one here? Because in the past someone has submitted a photo that belonged to someone else and tried to take credit for it

3) Please put the canine's name in your post
- This is my personal pet peeve. As much as I would love to know everyone's canines by sight in a photo. It isn't gonna happen...

4) contest will be open until around the end of the month - voting will begin sometime after that.
- Guess what. Someone tried to argue with me because I have left it open a few days extra AND because I closed it a day early.

5) Must have a Dutch Shepherd in the photo.
- I think this one is self explanatory
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Re: December 2013 - Daredevil

Post by LyonsFamily »

Oh this sounds like a fun theme. I think it's time for Elli to make her photo contest debut.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
idp9685
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a dog and after research I think he may be a dutch shepherd

Post by idp9685 »

Oh man, had I only checked in earlier I could have posted pictures of Cal being "brave" at the vet today for his annual checkup and vaccinations.
Ian Price

Cal Von Rescue
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

you have a month to post them Ian.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

SUGAR

Unfortunately, a month and a half after this was taken, Sugar broke her leg while running and jumping across the logs at this beach...so it may seem like common sense to not always let your pup have fun being a daredevil, but we learned the hard way :cry:
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

wow,If I only had a Go Pro to watch Sadie all of the time running outside and clearing the walls, I would have an album. The best was when she had a huge 5' long stick and tried, yes tried, to run through my arbor that is only 3' wide !! :eek:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha ha Lisa, that would have been great to have captured on video!
Sue (and Sugar)

feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Post by feraloup »

WOW! Sue! :) That is an AWESOME shot! Go, Sugar! (*wince* We'll just not speak of the broken leg... ;) )
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
allsupdutchies
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have 3 dutch shepherds, my female is Xena, male is Jazz and my newest addition my blue brindle Rush. I am a huge Dutchie fan. I was K9 handler in the USAF, in patrol and explosive detection. And now Odin Puppy!!!

Post by allsupdutchies »

This is Loki out of our first litter of pups, he never let go of the sleeve landing on his back!! He took her down too!! His owner has done an outstanding job with him.. he is fearless!!! :D
Laurie and my 3 beautiful Dutchie furry babies!! Image
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

WOW! we may have a winner!
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

That is a great shot!!!
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
allsupdutchies
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have 3 dutch shepherds, my female is Xena, male is Jazz and my newest addition my blue brindle Rush. I am a huge Dutchie fan. I was K9 handler in the USAF, in patrol and explosive detection. And now Odin Puppy!!!

Post by allsupdutchies »

LOL!!! I am proud of the pups that my Xena and Jazz produced, and when their owners send me updates I just love it!!! When he sent me the pic and the video of Loki.. I was like HOLY CRAP!!
Laurie and my 3 beautiful Dutchie furry babies!! Image
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

DS can be poster children for commitment.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Starlight Pilot
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I used top be terrified of dogs as a kid. But I met a German Shepherd named Sheba and have been into dogs since I was 12, now I'm 32 and have successfully handled many of all sizes, breeds and temperaments. I titled my first dog Sport, a mixed breed, in agility and then got into schutzhund. I got to work with working bred GSDs and loved them. After Sport died I was offered a young Dutch Shepherd named Allie (short for alligator!). I adopted her and fell in love with the breed. I rescued several Dutchies after that and then Allie was killed tragically by irresponsible veterinary staff. About 4 months later I rescued a pathetic emaciated 1 yr old Dutchie named "Phantom". With just some food, water and love he sprang from his listless phantom self and I named him Logan. Now he is my 8 yr old hardcore PITA!!!! :D

Post by Starlight Pilot »

LOL!!! Idk how to beat the upside down dutchie pic!
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Post by feraloup »

The Loki shot is incredible... I love it! But I still love the picture of Sugar leaping atop the driftfall, best, so far. Maybe because I know DS are incredible protection dogs and I've seen lots of beautiful sleeve-shots and incredible hits and bites... it's what they do, what they are bred and trained to do. I am in no way not appreciating what a fabulous and daredevil, bold statement that one is, and not all DS can do it, no matter how bred and trained, it's impressive and to be proud of! In terms of this contest, though, there's just something in Sugar's picture, the free, airborne, leaping-for-the-pure-thrill-of-it vibe, that really sings to me. :)
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just a few more days to get your photo's in. I will be closing this months photo contest a couple of days early.
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

I'm under no illusions that this can compete with either of the above action shots, but a fun story anyway.
I'll put the long version in the normal photo section, but the short version is, this is Hilde on "the Tail of the Dragon"--one of the twistiest roads in the world.
Hilde_dragon.jpg
Hilde_dragon.jpg (407.13 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

TRACER and SAKIMA bound down land-sliding cliff face after Xander.
Will post more pics from this adventure in ''Photos'' tomorrow.
Attachments
TRACER and SAKIMA bounding down cliff face after Xander
TRACER and SAKIMA bounding down cliff face after Xander
Sakima and Tracer descending Conscience Point(1).jpg (71.8 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Ben_jamin
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Ben. I've been a dog lover for my entire life. I currently own a GSD (Hopper) and a Boxer (Phoebe). They are my kids and best friends.

As far as DS's go, I've never owned one and this is the reason I'm here. I'm looking to learn more about the breed since I'm thinking of adding one to my family.

Post by Ben_jamin »

That pic of Xander and Sakima is awesome. Took me a few seconds to realize that there were actually two dogs in the pic.
Ben, Ginny & Phoebe.
Hopper - Waiting patiently at the bridge.