The DS Only Rule

Monthly Photo Contest
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

The DS Only Rule

Post by centrop67 »

The photo contest is meant to be a fun way for the members of the forum to show off their dogs, their creativity, and in some cases, their photography skills.

At the end of the day the winning picture becomes a prominent fixture on the website, so you have to understand why we have this particular rule.

I have been lax in enforcing this rule, mostly because I can be overly empathetic at times, and I don't want anyone to have hurt feelings. Unfortunately, that's not in the best interest of the site.

On the flip side, unless you have the paperwork, showing proof you have a Dutch Shepherd would be a difficult undertaking and would probably limit the pool of entries severely.

I've been lucky that the winners so far since I took over have been DS.

In this month's (July 2016) contest there are a couple of questionable entries. They are great pictures, but they are not representative Dutch Shepherds.

Moving forward I will not disqualify any entry, but when the voting is closed, I will reserve the right to only give honorable mention status if the breed of the winning dog is questionable. I will consult offline with a select committee of my choosing to make the final call.

I believe this is the most equitable way to handle this and keep the contest as fun and interactive as possible.

Thank You.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers