Xander - Sun & Sea
8%
Hilde - At the Tennessee River Gorge
No votes

Total votes: 13

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Voting - August 2016

Post by centrop67 »

Thanks to all who entered - tough choices for the voters again...

Shyla - Off-leash at the ranch

Sadie and Thalie - Snow bunnies

Endeavor - Standing tall

Murphy- Sittin' on the dock o' the bay

Lexi- Backyard scenery

Granby- Sunset over the Dutch Shepherd

Demon - Come on! Throw the stick!

Xander - Sun & Sea

Hilde - At the Tennessee River Gorge
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Voting - August 2016

Post by centrop67 »

I'm trying something new this month - I posted the photos on Facebook, and the one with the most likes (reactions) will get an honorable mention here on the forum website. Here's an opportunity to get your friends and family involved in the voting albeit unofficial. The real winner will be determined by votes here.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Last month the puppy couldn't get a vote. This month he puppy takes a 1st day lead.

I've been meaning to ask since I first saw it, but how the heck did Endeavor get up on that stump?
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote:Last month the puppy couldn't get a vote. This month he puppy takes a 1st day lead.

I've been meaning to ask since I first saw it, but how the heck did Endeavor get up on that stump?
At the risk of reducing the pictures stunning effect, the stump is deceptively small. It's only about 5½ feet tall, if that. She does this...thing...Where she'll stand up on her hind legs to get a better view. She'll stay that way for over a minute, sometimes even walking and turning. In that picture, she was watching the family fishing on the reservoir bank behind me. She was reared up, and I kinda half heartedly pointed up to the stump and suggested it was a better view. Before I could react, she bounced ¾ of the way up and clawed her way to the top. She came down into my shoulders as her previous handler had taught her.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

TimLenert_168 wrote:She was reared up, and I kinda half heartedly pointed up to the stump and suggested it was a better view. Before I could react, she bounced ¾ of the way up and clawed her way to the top. She came down into my shoulders as her previous handler had taught her.
I smell a smarty pants entry.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

I want to thank everyone that entered (and voted so far). The last couple of contest's entries have been OUTSTANDING :wtg: making it difficult to pick just one. You guys rock!

My little experiment over on Facebook is trending well, too. I am not sure I would call it viral, but Facebook says the photo contest post is performing 70% better than anything else I've posted there.

I am getting a lot of messages on the Facebook page with questions about behavior, training, and lineage. Of course, I direct everyone back to this site - as that is what the page was meant for.

There's a lot of ups and downs to running this site, but right now I feel really good about what I am doing. Thanks!
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Just a friendly reminder, that a tie goes to the earliest submitted photo. They are posted in the order that I received them.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Got my paws crossed!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Post by k9lexi »

Sorry I can't remember. What is the theme for september?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

I posted the 2016 themes here.

.. but, here are the remaining 2016 themes:
  • September - Open (Choose your favorite)
  • October - Spooky
  • November - Good Doggy
  • December - Cool Breeze
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Let me thank everyone that voted. It's relatively disappointing to get 13 votes when there are >50 active members visiting the site on a regular basis, but it is what it is.

Endeavor wins by virtue of the tie breaker (earliest entered photo), but Granby gets an honorable mention based on the little experiment over on Facebook.
Michael