July 2017 Theme - Wasn't Me

Monthly Photo Contest
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Re: July 2017 Theme - Wasn't Me

Post by Joxgirl »

Duke wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:04 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 am
"I thought this was a fancy water bowl, that washed your feet while you drank. It's not???"
She is a goober gooberrrrr :player: :D
Only on days that end in "y".
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

Re: July 2017 Theme - Wasn't Me

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

I wish I had taken a picture of the mysterious case of the dog couch. He's hardly ever left to his own devices but we will give him a treat and let him go out on the sun porch to eat it. For two days straight we'd find a few little chunks of foam on the ground. The couch looked perfect and he'd killed a toy a day ago so I just though eh, must've missed some fuzz stuff.

By the second day though, the chunks were bigger and definitely not from a toy. I brought him away and inspected the couch. Not a thread loose. I looked underneath it, it was untouched. ?!

The third day I put him on the sunporch with Shorty and went in the other room to grab the bully / a greenies for the little guy. Heard Shorty scream barking, it's a noise I've only heard once before when there was a buck in the yard so I dropped everything and ran to the door only to see Shorty barking at Kapena who was digging in between the seat cushions and shoving foam back between the cracks with his nose.

I bought Kapena away to lift the seat cushions and there was a pile of foam bits beneath it. Looked like a foam pit! He was pulling foam out using his nose from the underside of the cushions and shoving the foam back in the hole!! What a mess.

We put a cover on so he can't get between the cushions and he's no longer left to chew his treats alone out there now. He gets the off command and is brought away when he puts his nose between the cushions now, even though he can't get very far anymore. Sure glad my Dachshund is a tattle tail!
FB_IMG_1499787703195.jpg
FB_IMG_1499787703195.jpg (75.38 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
Lesson learned!
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)