Survey: Photo Contest Voting

Monthly Photo Contest

Why you don't, wouldn't, or do vote in the Monthly photo contest?

I vote every month
27%
I try to vote every month
36%
I vote only sometimes
No votes
I only vote if I've entered a photo
No votes
I would like to vote for more than one photo
No votes
I don't vote, because it's stupid
No votes
I don't vote, because this doesn't belong on the site.
No votes
I don't vote, because I don't care
No votes
I don't vote, because I am concerned my vote is public knowledge
No votes
I don't vote, because it's too hard to choose
No votes
I don't vote, because I don't know how
No votes
I don't participate, because I don't like to lose
9%
I don't participate, because I always win
No votes
I don't even view the photo contest threads
No votes
There's a photo contest?
No votes
Other (Please Explain by comment or PM)
27%

Total votes: 11

GypsyTheDS
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Me n my girls, Gypsy and Nala, live in Georgia. Gypsy was found as a neglected and abused stray. A Dutch Shepherd mix. She is now healthy and happy as part of our family. Nala came to us from a Craigslist ad at a year old. A tall and lanky German Shepherd/lab mix.

Re: Survey: Photo Contest Voting

Post by GypsyTheDS »

I actually like it better here than going and googling about the breed. Because we get feedback, advice, opinions or whatever. Its interactive instead of just getting a generic answer that you might not even understand or doesn't necessarily even answer your question/concern. For me this breed is brand new. I've never heard of it until Gypsy came into our life. And being able to have the option of asking an actual person with experience or knowledge of the DS. Its not like having somebody to see firsthand but to me this is the next best thing. Because the breed is so. . . . for lack of a better word, rare, in one particular area. But i had the pleasure the other day of walking my girl downtown and somebody had to stop me and ask if she was a Dutch Shepherd. :) I also really enjoy reading what others have to say about their DS. It's great. I do hope to be more involved in the forum as i become more familiar.
Aimee, Gypsy (DS) & Nala (GSD/lab)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

GypsyTheDS wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:31 pm But i had the pleasure the other day of walking my girl downtown and somebody had to stop me and ask if she was a Dutch Shepherd.
:lol:

You should see some of the other things people ask ... is that a dingo?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
GypsyTheDS
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Me n my girls, Gypsy and Nala, live in Georgia. Gypsy was found as a neglected and abused stray. A Dutch Shepherd mix. She is now healthy and happy as part of our family. Nala came to us from a Craigslist ad at a year old. A tall and lanky German Shepherd/lab mix.

Post by GypsyTheDS »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My husband calls Gypsy a Hyena. :stone:
Aimee, Gypsy (DS) & Nala (GSD/lab)
ODINSMOM1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We are a dog loving family, and came to know our Dutchy Odin through our son who's in the military and got the first Dutch Shepherd of the family. Together with his brother Jackson the Bloodhound, Pippin the mini dachshund, and Loca our Elder Chihuahua we are a full family! LOL

Post by ODINSMOM1 »

Maybe it's just me because I'm new here, but I had an incredibly difficult time of figuring out how to even post a picture. Not quite sure I even entered the contest right LOL. Maybe make it a little simpler
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

ODINSMOM1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:13 am I had an incredibly difficult time of figuring out how to even post a picture. Not quite sure I even entered the contest right LOL. Maybe make it a little simpler
The good news is that you succeeded in entering the photo contest. Thank you. :wtg:

Unfortunately, the uploading of images is still a hassle, because it's a two-step process. The file size of the image must be below 1mb before it can be uploaded.

I am always looking for ways to resolve this.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

:pint: I bet Russia has been messing with the votes... just a thought. Lol
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
sysyphus
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Foxy

Post by sysyphus »

Interesting. I'm new here, just mainly been posting photos of my pooch for public enjoyment...from what I've seen in my opinion some of the photos in response to the monthly contests are kinda weak, maybe lack off people with photos fitting the monthly catergory??? and hence the lack or response? Just my two cents. Id post but so far the photos I have don't fall into the catergory. Also, my girl is a pet quality dutchie forsure, I think she is defective hahaha.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

FYI - I found an extension of the forum software that allows you to use IMGUR as photo source.

If it works, it should fix a lot of the photo problems. It would allow you to upload photos to an account setup for the forum while placing the appropriate IMG tags into your post. This would eliminate the need to resize the photo ahead of time.

Stay tuned...

Also, I have added a new section of active threads to the Index page. Did anyone notice it? Thoughts?

Finally, there's a new section at the bottom of some posts that lists "similar" topics.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Saw the changes. The active topics saves a few clicks. The related topics should be useful!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

centrop67 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 pm ... there's a new section at the bottom of some posts that lists "similar" topics.
I am enjoying looking at the old "similar" posts as I review the new ones. :wtg:
Michael
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

What if there was a clause that you cannot vote for your own photo.

This would eliminate all the 1 off votes?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

That would be impossible to enforce.

But...

I could give everyone two votes.

What do you think?
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Wouldn't you run into the same problem with enforcement?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Enforcement wouldn't be an issue. Everyone would get up to two votes, and the system doesn't allow for voting for the same pic twice.

You could...
* Vote for your pic and one other
* Vote for your pic only
* Vote for two other pics
* Vote for one other pic

Don't tell Lisa, because she'll likely have a conniption, but I am contemplating moving the Photo Contest voting to the Facebook page.
Michael
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Duke wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36 pm What if there was a clause that you cannot vote for your own photo.

This would eliminate all the 1 off votes?
What???? You can vote for your own picture?
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:12 pm
Don't tell Lisa, because she'll likely have a conniption, but I am contemplating moving the Photo Contest voting to the Facebook page.
Wow. I honestly think that's the first time I've ever seen the word conniption in print.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Also, would it be...I guess it would have to be a complete move. Unless you just keep two separate contests running. Take pics from one or both venues. Web votes count for website header, Facebook votes for the Facebook page profile.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Joxgirl wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:11 pm :pint: I bet Russia has been messing with the votes... just a thought. Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:00 pm
centrop67 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:12 pm
Wow. I honestly think that's the first time I've ever seen the word conniption in print.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will protest and it wont be pretty
:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
Attachments
conniption.jpg
conniption.jpg (75.22 KiB) Viewed 5888 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Lisa you are so funny.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG