Moko is One year old today!

Announce significant dates here - birthdays, anniversary's, etc
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Moko is One year old today!

Post by feraloup »

Happy Birthday to my crazy brindle beastie! I haven't been active all summer due to lack of computer access and total life/family chaos! School is back in session though, so I will be able to keep up better on my breaks when I can use a computer again. Look forward to a post in the next day or two with lots of updates and photos to make up for my silence all summer. :DScool:

Moko is making awesome progress, still hyper-vigilant and reactive, but has made huge strides in improving in these areas, and is much better able to focus on me and respond to commands even when he is over threshold.

I look forward to catching up on all the news and pictures I've been missing out on the past few months!
Attachments
Moko thinks he's part cat, the back of the couch is his favorite perch...
Moko thinks he's part cat, the back of the couch is his favorite perch...
20130802_131428-1.jpg (203.24 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Re: Moko is One year old today!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Happy Birthday! :party1:
Sue (and Sugar)

Asha
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Emily. I am the mother of two girls (human!!). We have one beagle named Charlie who is three and a new puppy named Asha. She is about 9 weeks old and we think she is a Dutch Shepherd Dog mix.

Post by Asha »

WOW what a gorgeous boy! Happy Birthday, Moko :D
Emily Owner of Three mutts
Charlie - beagle/basset 5yrs
Asha - No ### Idea brindle genius 1 yr
Russell - Redbone/GSD monster 6months
DS LOVER and obsessor
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

Happy Birthday you Big, Beautiful, Brindle Boy!!!
:party1: :party3:
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOKO!
and WELCOME BACK TO YOU ALL!
thought somebody was missing.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka