Happy Birthday Letty!

Announce significant dates here - birthdays, anniversary's, etc
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Happy Birthday Letty!

Post by k9katet »

Happy 1st birthday Letty and the rest of the Vrijheid H litter - Geyser and Hector. They turned 1 yesterday but we were at the CPE Agility Nationals so I didn't get a chance to post on here.
Letty's 1st Birthday
Letty's 1st Birthday
LettyBirthday.jpg (301.11 KiB) Viewed 7312 times
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Re: Happy Birthday Letty!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Happy Birthday, Nice hat!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Happy Birthday !!!

How Cute !!

:party1: :party1: :party1:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

:music1: :party2: :party1:
Yay! Happy late birthday Letty! :dssmile:
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

Happy Birthday, Letty!!! Hope you got some extra-tasty treats! :dschick:
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

What a great picture!

I had planned to do a Happy Birthday post, too, but never got my act together...glad you did :mrgreen: .

Time sure does fly, don't it? :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

lol you could post that pic in the "look" contest with the caption of I can't believe she is making me wear this!! :stickman:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Kristie Elliott wrote:lol you could post that pic in the "look" contest with the caption of I can't believe she is making me wear this!! :stickman:
I think she secretly likes wearing it, she looks pretty ha[[y with her new look :mrgreen:
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

I am going to try to get Gwen to wear some doggles...
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".

Post by k9katet »

She was hopeful that if she wore it nicely she could eat it after the picture. She really wanted to eat the pink fuzzy stuff on it.
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

k9katet wrote:She was hopeful that if she wore it nicely she could eat it after the picture. She really wanted to eat the pink fuzzy stuff on it.
She and her sister are peas in a pod, no lie :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Yappy (belated) Birthday!

I can't believe she sat there so nicely with the pink stuff on so you can take the picture! Extra treat please!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

So, Heather...

How big is Letty now? Geyser is 21" and about 51 lbs. I'm so happy with her size! For me, it's perfect.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

She's around there. I haven't measured her in awhile although I don't think she's grown much in a long time. I can't remember how much she weighed last time she was at the vet for heartworm tests. It was maybe 55. She was .6 less than Vada. I'll see if someone will help me with measuring on Thursday when Seven and Vada are at agility class. I figure that she's going to jump the highest, just like Vada. If you could get Geyser to shrink a tiny bit, you could get her into the 22" class in USDAA. That would be nicer on their bodies to jump lower. The downside is the huge class of Border Collies.
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

k9katet wrote:If you could get Geyser to shrink a tiny bit, you could get her into the 22" class in USDAA. That would be nicer on their bodies to jump lower. The downside is the huge class of Border Collies.
no lie
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

I ended up in the hospital with a bug last week so I missed agility class (and obedience class). So tonight I am going to try to measure her. I can get a weight on her at the vet or pet store too. I'm curious about both now.

I guess there are BCs in the 26" class too. A few measure in there but around here most of them are jumping 26" as they are competing on or hope to compete on world teams.
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

We measured her on a table with the official wicket thing. 21.5" Too bad she's not a little shorter. For AKC the 20" cut off is 22" but we won't be doing that for awhile.
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

Letty is 55.6 pounds. So now she weighs the same as Vada but Vada is 2" taller.
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Very very late happy birthday to all the "H"'s: Letty, Geyser and Hector. :doh: ;)

I believe that officially, the DS's get measured to the point between the shoulder blades. (and that would be just an inch or so more than the wicket shows) I never do, and I think it is hilarious, but that is how it is done in Holland? (Right, Marjolein?)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:Very very late happy birthday to all the "H"'s: Letty, Geyser and Hector. :doh: ;)

I believe that officially, the DS's get measured to the point between the shoulder blades. (and that would be just an inch or so more than the wicket shows) I never do, and I think it is hilarious, but that is how it is done in Holland? (Right, Marjolein?)
Right ;)