Happy 1st Birthday Sugar

Announce significant dates here - birthdays, anniversary's, etc
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Happy 1st Birthday Sugar

Post by Sugars Mom »

Sugar had her first birthday July 4th, and we celebrated with a few of her friends with dog biscuit and peanut butter "cake" and each pup that came to her "party" got birthday bandanas (didn't think hats would work so well...).

Here's a couple of pics of the occasion. (Zeke the Aussie is her "boyfriend" tho both are fixed)

Sue (and Sugar)

dutchringdog
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS

Re: Happy 1st Birthday Sugar

Post by dutchringdog »

:balloons: :party1: Happy Birthday Sugar !!!!!!!
Lisa , Thalie, Sadie
http://www.designsbyclyne.com
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Happy birthday Sugar!
Weren't you and your buddies happy that mom got the cute bandanas and you didn't have to wear a hat? :party3: :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Cute! Happy birthday, Sugar!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

wow :D
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

BTW, just so you don't think I'm crazy for having a doggie birthday party; it was my 8 year old step son's idea. He enjoyed planning it and designing the "cake".
Sue (and Sugar)

leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Happy Birthday to Sugar! Nice party.

(A friend of mine just had a 20th BD party for a Chi...nothing wrong with starting at one...)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

leih merigian wrote:20th BD party for a Chi...

A Chi is a dog? 20??? Well, thats something to celebrate!!

:pint:
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Sugars Mom wrote:BTW, just so you don't think I'm crazy for having a doggie birthday party; it was my 8 year old step son's idea. He enjoyed planning it and designing the "cake".
few, glad to hear it :dssmile: :dswink"
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Sugars Mom wrote: A Chi is a dog? 20??? Well, thats something to celebrate!!
Chihuahua...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

oh, of course, a chihuahua...
Sue (and Sugar)

Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

A little late but my congratulations never the less. :D