I spy with my little eye....

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
goodomens
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Adventures galore!

I spy with my little eye....

Post by goodomens »

Something that has stripes!

Theres a (round) dutch along with a few mals in the move django unchained. I nearly fell off of the couch when it came on!
Jessica and jetson (and occasionally mike)
TexasMedy
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello Everyone,

My wife and I live north of Houston in Spring, TX. We have 3 kids, age 17, 19 and 20. We have a Dutch Shepherd, 3 Dalmatians and a Maltipoo.

Re: I spy with my little eye....

Post by TexasMedy »

Yeah he was chunky. Probably not a lot of DS or Mal around in those days since breed did not exist but it's just a movie or so my wife always tells me.
Dan, Leticia and our dog family - Medy (DS), Coco (Dalmatian), Isabela (Dalmatian), Zoey (Maltipoo)
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Saw the movie last night...and...well, they certainly showed the "vicious" side of these dogs...
Sue (and Sugar)

dutchk9
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: i am male from ontario canada.my dog is female duch shepherd, short coat.
we train in working service, as a hobby.
it keeps us both fit.
i got my dog when she was 8 weeks old.
her training is ongoing.

Post by dutchk9 »

yes, noticed it also...good movie
like to find out more on the dogs they used and the training..it being a movie, prob used multiple dogs.
if this was real, it sure be nice to see dogs siting calm besides the handler, and being deployed when told
i train my 2 dogs on a regular basis (protection, obedience ..)
i am confident that my older bitch ( 6yrs) will protect against an intruder....hope that the younger one (14 months) will pickup on that and join in..just hope it never has come to that.

anyone out there doing protection work, like to hear your experience....