Downtown Burlington on Christmas Day

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Downtown Burlington on Christmas Day

Post by feraloup »

So behind on this forum. *embarrassed shrug* Will make up for it soon with lots of new photos! Promise! Anyhoo, my spotting was fun. We went to my mom's house for Christmas and she lives down on the waterfront. We like to watch people walk their dogs down by the boardwalk through her living room window. I spotted a distinctive, brindle-shep and HAD to go down and say hello and ask if that was, indeed a Dutch Shepherd! *lol* Super-nice folks, apparently had been living in Burlington, VT for several months but were on their way back to Sweden in a few days. Their handsome, silver brindle boy, IS a DS. Imported from somebody in Switzerland. We chatted a bit about behavior and I mentioned the work I was doing with Moko, as their boy, 2 years old, had a lot of similarities with the social anxiety stuff but was farther along than Moko. (For example, not wearing a basket muzzle in active public space and when I asked from a distance if I could come say hello, I was able to greet and pet him and his hindquarters trembled a little but he approached otherwise calmly and allowed petting.) The woman asked how I was working on things with Moko and when I mentioned basket muzzle she laughed and twisted her hip to display the basket-muzzle hanging off the back of her belt. :lol: Either way, it was a fun interaction.
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George