Okay, so not QUITE a DS, but...

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Okay, so not QUITE a DS, but...

Post by feraloup »

Okay, maybe this is kind of off-topic, as it's a sci-fi creature creation and not an actual living dog, but I SWEAR whoever designed the doglike alien creature in the latest "Riddick" movie based it on a Dutch Shepherd! :lol: Big bat-ears, brindled coat, and lots of mumbley-grumbley-dog-voice-DS-sounding-backtalk... along with intelligence, trainability, and high protection-drive. ;) :DScool:
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Re: Okay, so not QUITE a DS, but...

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing!
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Re: Okay, so not QUITE a DS, but...

Post by Sugars Mom »

lol, ya, I was going to post this as well...a sci-fi futuristic DS!
Sue (and Sugar)