An Autistic Boy Went Missing In The Woods — Here's the Hero K-9 Dog Who Found Him and Brought Him Home

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

An Autistic Boy Went Missing In The Woods — Here's the Hero K-9 Dog Who Found Him and Brought Him Home

Post by centrop67 »

Cash is a Dutch shepherd — breed trained for tracking, drug searches, and criminal apprehension — and he quickly captured the boy's scent after around 45 minutes of searching over three quarters of a mile.

Then they found the boy, safe, but scared.
Click Here for the full article at Independent Journal Review

More articles on this news:
Daily Mail (UK)
MLive (Michigan)
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Shonors1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Miya and I have a Dutch shepherd

Re: An Autistic Boy Went Missing In The Woods — Here's the Hero K-9 Dog Who Found Him and Brought Him Home

Post by Shonors1 »

Aww that is so cool he is so handsome !!!!
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Re: An Autistic Boy Went Missing In The Woods — Here's the Hero K-9 Dog Who Found Him and Brought Him Home

Post by k9lexi »

Nice article. Thanks for sharing. I would have thought Cash was older with the grey around muzzle.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Radar started getting that gray just like Cash when he was only 2-3 years old. I am not saying that makes it common, but it didn't surprise me.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

En isn't two yet and she's sprouting a few gray hairs on her chin and snout.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Lol. K9 Cash looks like he found ALL the coke;-)
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

:lol:
Michael
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Post by k9lexi »

Too funny. Lexi has just a little bitty bit that isn't really noticeable on her.bottom chin. Had her.for.two years and hasn't spread yet. My 10 year old gsd husky mix really has.her.black muzzle lightening up the past year. I just hate they get old too soon.
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

The white on Hilde's chin seems to be growing all the time, and she's only 4. I've wondered if this trait is tied to the other white bits (chest, toes), but those aren't changing. Here's a comparison from recently (right) and a couple of years ago (left):
Chin.jpg
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde