Dutch Shepherds in the News (June 2017)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (June 2017)

Post by centrop67 »

Retired Davenport K9 dies Full Story
http://www.kwqc.com wrote:Willie was an eight-year-old Dutch Shepherd and was a full-service K9 with his specialties including tracking, narcotics, apprehension, article search and public demonstrations.

Willie served the city of Davenport from 2011 to 2016 and lived out his retirement with his handler, Officer Canas.
In effort to protect K-9s, more cops carry naloxone Full Story
https://www.policeone.com wrote:Derry K-9 Blade was instrumental in sniffing out a large shipment of heroin in a vehicle on Route 22 in September, just as he was trained to do.

But his handler, Chief Randy Glick, said it's scary that the 8-year-old Dutch shepherd could have inhaled a deadly substance in the line of duty.
'Dutch' joins K9 unit Full Story
http://www.statesboroherald.com wrote:Dutch, a three-year-old Dutch Shepherd, joins Bulloch County Sheriff’s K9 officers Max and Gismo to make a team of three in the Bulloch County Sheriff’s newly-formed K9 unit.
Dutch is cross-trained in drug searches, tracking, patrol actions and will “complement K9 Gismo, who is also trained as a multipurpose dog,”
Dixon K-9 Unit a stellar team of man and dog Full Story
http://www.thereporter.com wrote:Fero is what you’d call a “dual purpose” dog, mastering patrol and narcotics duties.

He’s great at protection, as evidenced by the blistering growls emanating from his tense body as The Reporter’s lone photographer attempted to take his picture.

He’s also awesome at sniffing out methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, Ecstasy and marijuana. That fact was proven as the dog alerted on the hidden drugs located in a nearby bush and on a nearby car.

“He does apprehension, tracking, area searches, article searches and recently he alerted and found someone in a house,” Siebert said.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (June 2017)

Post by TimL_168 »

Always appreciate these!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Thanks Tim. I've tried to share this stuff in various ways since I took over, but I like this format best.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

K-9s learn how to socialize Full Story
http://www.journalaz.com wrote:It’s a change from business as it occurred only a decade ago, when most K-9 officers discouraged the public from interacting with their animals. Fear of bites as well as the threat of distracting the dog from its training revealed a belief about the dogs themselves: That they could not be trusted around the public.

The training styles have changed,” Cottonwood Police Department K-9 Officer Cory Shilling said, adding that the philosophy among K-9 cops was once to train dogs for viciousness. “The dogs were mean. Now, that’s not the case …. If we have really good discipline, we can control the play and prey drive.”
Security dog found dead in Waterfall Country Estate Full Story
http://fourwaysreview.co.za wrote:The security at the complex is run by 7 Arrows and they contract Canine Solutions to provide the dogs for guarding purposes. Following the uproar on social media about the state of the dogs, an investigation was launched and the dogs were removed from the kennels immediately.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Alternative approach: Mussel-detecting dog inspects boats at Lake Amistad Full Story
http://delrionewsherald.com wrote:Since Thursday, Pearl, a Dutch-shepherd mix, has sniffed boats entering the lake to check for zebra mussels, an invasive species that negatively affects marine ecology
Officer’s best friend Full Story
http://www.candgnews.com wrote:A handful of German shepherds let out an honorary howl June 17 in remembrance of Southfield Police Department K-9 Axe. Axe, who died June 1, was honored in a full police burial at the Michigan War Dog Memorial in South Lyon.

Axe was a very high-drive Dutch shepherd, and you just had to train and work Axe the right way. You had to understand Axe and his thinking. Once we connected and once he realized that, ‘Hey, this is where I’m at and this is where I’m going to stay,’ he became much easier to train.”
Michael
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Wow great stories. How did you find them?
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Just a simple google search for Dutch Shepherd, then I switch to news only and sort by date.
Michael
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:21 am Wow great stories. How did you find them?
he hacks into Google's secure database, dresses as a ninja, brings radar, and tracks down the hunt. :pint:
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Duke wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:50 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:21 am Wow great stories. How did you find them?
he hacks into Google's secure database, dresses as a ninja, brings radar, and tracks down the hunt. :pint:
:ugeek: :eek: :pint:
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Duke wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:50 pm he hacks into Google's secure database, dresses as a ninja, brings radar, and tracks down the hunt.
Don't give away my secrets!
Michael