Dutch Shepherds in the News (March 2018)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (March 2018)

Post by centrop67 »

K9 Puskas is not the only Dutch Shepherd in the news this month...

Western Australia, has a new police recruit in 4-year old Dutch Shepherd - K9 Odin. Story Link
www.thewest.com.au wrote:“Not only has he already helped apprehend people linked to criminal behaviour, but he has also helped people who have gotten themselves lost,” [Insp. Peter] Morrissey said.
2-Year old Dutch Shepherd, K9 Kleo, is 5/5 detecting drugs in Jonesboro, GA having only started on the force early this year. Story Link
www.news-daily.com wrote:“It’s good,” [Officer Marcus] Gerald said of their days spent together. “She’s crazy, but she gives me somebody to talk to.”
Holland, Germany born, K9 Barry, gets a protective vest in West Lafayette, IN. Barry is 89 pounds. :o Story Link
www.purdueexponent.org/ wrote:The vest was supplied to the WLPD through the Spike’s K-9 Fund foundation, an organization whose mission is to outfit as many police K-9s as possible and that has already gifted vests to over 500 police K-9s across the United States.

If you're interested in donating to Spike's K9 Fund click here.

Officer Hannah Farmer and K9 Rouzo team up as the first woman-led K9 unit in Johnson City, VA. Story Link
wcyb.com wrote:Farmer says working with a K9 partner isn't so different from having a human partner, except for the language barrier.

"It's nice actually," Farmer told WCYB. "Less talk back is good."
Obviously, K9 Rouzo doesn't talk back like my Radar does :lol:

10-year-old Dutch shepherd, K9 Macho retires from the Purdue University Police Department after 8 years and 905 times being deployed to detect bombs. :hail: Story Link
www.wlfi.com wrote:"I've actually spent more time with him since 2010 than my family. All the way around, it's a very large committment not just on regular shift duty but all the special events we've had to work over the years. It's a lot of time away from home and he's been with me every day," said [Officer Gabe] Argerbright.
K9 Zena, a three-year old Dutch Shepherd joins the Smith County, TX Precinct 1 Story Link
www.kltv.com wrote:Zena is replacing Drako, the previous Precinct 1 K9. "He was a 105-pound German Shepherd, all black, but he's retired due to age, so we're starting over with Zena,” said [Deputy Constable Derick] Holman
Liberty County, TX turned siezed drug money into a new K9 unit adding K9 Jack, a 2-year-old Dutch Shepherd Story Link
www.chron.com wrote:He was purchased through court-awarded drug seizure money obtained by the sheriff's office from recent drug arrests. The irony is that Jack will now be used to catch more drug dealers and users.
K9 Quatro, a five-year old Dutch Shepherd joins a German Shepherd in Sandoval County, NM as the county's first search and rescue K9 team Story Link
krqe.com wrote:They’re the first ever search and rescue dogs to be part of the Rio Grande Basin Heavy Technical Rescue Team. They’re a fairly new organization made up of Rio Rancho, Sandoval County and Corrales firefighters.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (March 2018)

Post by centrop67 »

K9 Henata, a Dutch Shepherd sniffs out drug paraphenalia leading to a larger find in Choshocton, OH. Story Link
www.coshoctontribune.com wrote:Officers then discovered cocaine, marijuana, scales, baggies and cash in the vehicle were. Lt. Dean Hettinger said the drugs are pending official weight and description from the laboratory.
Lafayette County, MS - Officer mourns the loss of K9 Major who died from complications of heart worms. Story Link
www.oxfordeagle.com wrote:For more than four years, Oxford Police Department’s K9 dog Major helped apprehend criminals thinking they could escape the long arm of the law. He sniffed out narcotics hidden by drug dealers and charmed crowds during demonstrations of his skills.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Arm teachers? Not quite. Arm the schools with a K9. This opinion piece in the Sun Sentinel (RE: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School) explains it. Story Link
www.sun-sentinel.com wrote:After the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting, a Dutch Shepherd named Atticus began patrolling the Oak Hills High School in southwest Ohio.
These K-9s will not stop every school shooting. But they will change the school from a soft target to a harder target.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Young Dutch Shepherd helps arrest 2 suspects after just one hour on the job. Story Link
www.wdrb.com wrote:The 20-month-old Dutch Shepherd from Poland's police work led to two arrests Thursday night during his first hour on patrol.

Officer Matthew Bauer said his partner narcotics dog is named Chapo after the infamous Mexican drug lord.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

K9 Yadi is set for his 2nd surgery (hernia) and is expected to be back at work a couple of weeks afterwards. Link
foxillinois.com wrote:Many people have been wishing the beloved six-year-old dutch shepherd good luck and a fast recovery on social media.
Michael