Looks like a Dutchie to me!

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Looks like a Dutchie to me!

Post by Sugars Mom »

A friend sent me these links saying "Look, this dog looks like Sugar!"

Looks like a DS to me! :dslook:

http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/a ... 43,00.html

http://www.popsugar.com/Pictures-Kriste ... r-16252560
Sue (and Sugar)

Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: Looks like a Dutchie to me!

Post by Schlussdibusti »

It certainly does look like a DS in the second link, pic no.8.

My prayer for tonight: Dear God, please don't let a DS become a Hollywood fashion item, i.e. they breed them like crazy and ruin the breed! :priest:

P.S.: The only celeb I can picture with a DS is Russel Crowe on his 800 acres farm in Australia. :mrgreen:
Loved his line in Gladiator "on my signal, unleash hell!" showing, what looked like, a GSD. :horse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD_tv2NGdgk starting at 2:39 getting in on the action, jumping through fire, taking a bite etc.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I really hope this dosnt create more popularity for the breed! Im all for education but not over breeding!

Right now wrath and fury are chewing on each other
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Schlussdibusti wrote: My prayer for tonight: Dear God, please don't let a DS become a Hollywood fashion item, i.e. they breed them like crazy and ruin the breed! :priest:
I don't know about them having celebrity status as of yet, but people are already breeding them like crazy and ruining the breed!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Looks like a DS, who the *beep* is that guy?? whaha!

And in the galdiator was a BLUE GSD, my boyfriend was druling when he saw that dog :lol:
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Christie M wrote:
I don't know about them having celebrity status as of yet, but people are already breeding them like crazy and ruining the breed!

Say it aint so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
cake73
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.

Post by cake73 »

The NADSR BOD talked about this out back in May. I think there was some discussion about sending a letter of introduction to the breed from NADSR.

FWIW, I've read that Robert Pattinson adopted the dog and he has referred to it as "a mutt."
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015

North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

He probably doesn't know what it is. When I adopted Sugar, I thought she was a mutt too....I'd never heard of a Dutch Shepherd!
Sue (and Sugar)

Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

And I have to add I am so happy to have found her! She is a great dog!!!!
Sue (and Sugar)

leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Boy is that a cute pup...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Christie M wrote:I don't know about them having celebrity status as of yet, but people are already breeding them like crazy and ruining the breed!
I second that. I hear of more brindles than I ever have before. And, from what I hear, they are getting Bigger too. :cry: (with less drive)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

vneerland wrote:
Christie M wrote:I don't know about them having celebrity status as of yet, but people are already breeding them like crazy and ruining the breed!
I second that. I hear of more brindles than I ever have before. And, from what I hear, they are getting Bigger too. :cry: (with less drive)
Say it isn't so.... just when I find the perfect dog, it all goes to hell in a hand basket because people want to make quick buck.. and I was worried that they would be bred to be crack heads like the Mals but I think this is even worse news... bigger and less drive.. that makes them NOT dutch shepherds... :pint:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve