Van Leeuwen's Bor x Harley

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
MeganBays
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Post by MeganBays »

6 Females; 5 Males

ImageImage

Kole Mountain Kennels is excited to annouce our latest breeding with Van Leeuwen's Bor and Harley!

Our "C" Litter puppies were born on June 14, 2012. We are still accepting deposits on puppies from this litter. There were 11 puppies born; 6 females, and 5 males. We still have three females and one male available to working homes only.

This will be another great KNPV Dutch Shepherd breeding out of two quality imports and a proven combination of the crossing of the lines in the past.

Bor is a son of Wibo van Leeuwen and Tessa van Leeuwen (Tommy Luyken x Anne van Leeuwen). He has many littermates doing very well in their respected areas of work. You can find his bloodline at the Bloedlijnen. Wibo is a proven producer of serious working dogs, and Tesssa has produced very nicely for Dick and Selena van Leeuwen. Bor will be finishing his PSD training with us. He was originially trained in the KNPV PH1 program by Dick van Leeuwen. He is a substantial sized male weighing around 90lbs with a thick powerful build; he looks like a tank! He has large bone, a massive head, and rich, deep pigment. Bor is a serious, civil dog that is not easy to handle, and must require an experienced handler. He has exceptional drives in all areas of the work, and has been described as a very honest dog in the work to us by our good friends Dick and Selena van Leeuwen. He is a very intense dog in everything that he does.

Harley's bloodline is full of significant dogs in the KNPV program: she is a daughter of Energidogs Ringo PH1, PH2, OBJ who is a full brother to Arko (Suttle), and a granddaughter of Rudie (Pegge) and Castor (de Groot). Another notable dog in Harley's bloodline is Rambo van Rossum, which is also found further back in Bor's bloodline. Harley's bloodline can be viewed the Bloedlijnen. We expect the Harley's line to combine very well with our breeding program, as there has been success with crossing the two in Holland. KMK expects her father, Ringo's side to bring power and intensity while her maternal side with Rudie (Pegge) should bring drive and trainability. Harley is a proven producer of working dogs, and is an excellent mother.

Our "C" litter should produce medium to large sized dogs suitable for police, search and rescue, sport, and personal protection work. Here is a link to what the puppies bloodline will be: C Litter . We expect the puppies to have high prey drive, stable nerves, good work ethics, full and hard pushing grips, excellent hunt drive and the capacity to excel at any sport or real world application.

Puppies will be $1,200; we will require a $200 deposit and the remaining $1,000 will be due at the time the puppy is picked up or shipped out.

For more information contact us directly at meganbays@rocketmail.com . Our website and Facebook page will be periodically updated.

Some pics of the puppies:
Light Blue Female by MeganBays, on Flickr
Lime Green 1 by MeganBays, on Flickr
Red Male by MeganBays, on Flickr
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Van Leeuwen's Bor x Harley

Post by Dutchringgirl »

beautiful, he is a beast!! I mean that is a good way ! And the pups......well......just want to take them all.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

the first pic reminds me of my :love: Odin - body, color, face.
Beautiful dogs and pups!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

felixone123 wrote:the first pic reminds me of my :love: Odin - body, color, face.
Beautiful dogs and pups!!
IMG_4441.JPG
IMG_4441.JPG (167.16 KiB) Viewed 10186 times
Barbara, Odin & Kai
MeganBays
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Post by MeganBays »

Lisa I promise you don't want to take them all, the little shits hurt! LOL

Thank you for the compliments guys, we are lucky to have Bor. :)

Barbara, the Light Blue female is a little fire cracker! I really like her, and I think she's the prettiest girl in the litter. Her stripes run all the way down her feet and toes, she's a cuite. Odin resembles Harley quite a bit. We will have an Odin in this litter too, just don't know which one yet. ;)
Selena
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Selena van Leeuwen, 35 yo, married to Dick. We have 2 children, a boy just turned 3 and a girl who will be 2 in may. We breed xHH, we developed our own bloodline with in mind how a PSD should be in our eyes.

Post by Selena »

Light blue collar was the one iliked, isnt it? Than keep her.... Or express mail..
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

Yup; we are going to keep a boy back from this litter, but we still have three girls we haven't sold so I may just end up with one of each.... Again.... LOL
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

I'll trade you for one out of Danko and Pebbles :mrgreen:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

awwww cute pups... :)
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

This is an excellent breeding because of no line breeding. I have one of Harley's pups that came out of Oz kennels and this dog is a great animal. Very easy going, friendly, easy to handle and loves meeting people.
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

Everytime I see a picture of him, I'm amazed. Bor looks like a very serious dog. He's absolutely gorgeous. Pick a good one to be Odin, the name seems to bring good things :D.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Did this litter get registered with the UKC? Harley has a few pups already registered. In all honesty and I'll say this again, I think this is perhaps the best all around breeding I've seen. If I didn't have my dog already, I'd be all over this.
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

Mark: we haven't registered the parents with UKC yet, I keep saying I'm going to do it, just haven't went out and took the time to take the proper pics/send in the paper work. Harley is a nice girl, and is enjoying her new home as a couch potato maybe a little too much haha. :)

This breeding is actually the first litter we have done with no line breeding; our breeding program is based heavily on linebreeding certain dogs to retain and improve important characteristics and traits to us. We've modeled what we do after Dick and Selena's program, their success speaks volumes and hopefully we will be able to be as successful as they are one day. :) I chose Harley to do our first outcross with because of the previous success of combining her lines and Bor's. Over all I'm really liking this litter, especially the females; there are quite a few who are little rock stars already.
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

We have a male and a female puppy available for sale again from this litter because of a cancellation due to shipping costs. The puppies were supposed to fly together in the same crate, but are unable to because of their combined weight.

Kole Mountain's Cage (Red male) and Kole Mountain's Cyn (Light Blue female) are available for sale to a working home; both pups are capable of training for police, SAR, and/or sport work. They are showing good drives for the work, and both have good nerves.

We have started their training doing basic puppy obedience/marker training, bite work, and tracking and will continue their training while they are here. Additional video and pictures are available on request.

You can find more information about the parents, the litter as a whole, and the puppies are on our website at http://www.kolemountainkennels.com

Here is a video of Bor working:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03s7YQmQ ... G3ldENGwSQ

A video of Cyn's first obedience session:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NAeL22J ... ature=plcp

And some pics of Cage and Cyn:
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

MeganBays wrote:We have a male and a female puppy available for sale again from this litter because of a cancellation due to shipping costs. The puppies were supposed to fly together in the same crate, but are unable to because of their combined weight.
Can't believe people would abandon their new puppies due to shipping costs! :evil: But may be it was for the best interest of the puppies.

The red male resembles already his dad, doesn't he? And a grandson to Wibo AND grand-grand to Tommy Luyken, Rudie (Pegge), Rambo :shock: I don't know much about DS bloodlines but these names always come up when there is talk about serious working DS. These pups will be fire crackers to say the least.

I hope you find a serious handler for these promising little guys. :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

The shipping costs were going to be significantly much more than what was originally quoted because I was going to have to drive over 9 hours to the airport when I originally thought it'd be to my regular airport that's 3 hours away; plus the pups were going to have to ship in seperate crates, so I can understand.

Cage looks almost identical to Bor, I have a puppy picture of him and the resemblance is crazy! Cyn looks like her mom too. Kinda funny :)

The pups have a bloodline that says they should be awesome little workers when they grow up. Hopefully they'll live up to it with the right handler when they grow up. :)
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

MeganBays wrote: The pups have a bloodline that says they should be awesome little workers when they grow up.
eh, no they don't :lol:
MeganBays
Green Dog

Post by MeganBays »

Marjolein wrote:
MeganBays wrote: The pups have a bloodline that says they should be awesome little workers when they grow up.
eh, no they don't :lol:
Well.. Ok... How bout a medium to large size workers, haha. :lol: