Litter Announcement

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
stillfan45
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello I am a working dog fan. I have been training dogs for 20 years as a hobby. I cut my teeth on GSD's and they will always have a special place in my heart. However I graduated to Mals and Dutchies because their temperament and drive standards were better suited for me as a handler/trainer. I have worked in SAR, FEMA, Protection, and detection. I currently have a 3 year old female Dutch named Ziva.

Litter Announcement

Post by stillfan45 »

Ziva van der Chaotic has been bred to a Dual Certified K9. This is a Dutch to Dutch breeding. Pups are due December 7th.

Ziva is a very high drive female who loves to please. Her hunt and ball drive are extreme. She is very fast and agile at 60 lbs. She has a positive retreive and grips are full and calm. She is very social and sound environmentally. She will work all day long. Hips and elbows have not been done to date. Ziva is a very dark brindle. Papers, pics, and videos will be sent upon request.

The stud is for real and not a first time handler dog. He is very serious and extreme in all phases. Positive retrieve, will hunt until he dies, bite is full and crushing. Article search is something to see. He will find a quarto on a football field:) Footing and environmentally sound. He is a 70lb brindle. Pups need to go to working homes or experienced handlers. No papers on this import. Video will be sent upon request.

I have trained working dogs for 18 years as a passion not a business. All of my dogs have gone to police or military. I raise and develop working dogs on a limited basis but when I do they have all the gears.

Pups are 1000.00. I will work with law enforcement and military.

desimone5@hotmail.com
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Re: Litter Announcement

Post by Mobil »

I have a question.

Why do people breed working line Dutches without checking hips and elbows?
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Agree with Dusty, why no hips and elbows? How would one know they are sound?
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
stillfan45
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello I am a working dog fan. I have been training dogs for 20 years as a hobby. I cut my teeth on GSD's and they will always have a special place in my heart. However I graduated to Mals and Dutchies because their temperament and drive standards were better suited for me as a handler/trainer. I have worked in SAR, FEMA, Protection, and detection. I currently have a 3 year old female Dutch named Ziva.

Post by stillfan45 »

I have checked all my dogs until my wife's health problems. I love my dogs but my wife reigns supreme.
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

stillfan45 wrote:I have checked all my dogs until my wife's health problems. I love my dogs but my wife reigns supreme.
No offense, but that doesn't make any sense. At all.

IMO, without health checks, including hips and elbows, you shouldn't be breeding. Regardless of how well they're trained, breeding without health checks makes you no different than a backyard breeder doing it for the money.

I wouldn't pay a thousand dollars for a dog whose breeder didn't bother with health checks because of, what, the health of your wife? breeding dogs is expensive, which is why it should be done for the betterment of the breed. And if you're pairing up dogs without knowing histories, how is that bettering the breed?

If your wife's health is so poor that you can't have the dogs examined for health before breeding, how are you going to handle it if something happens to your dogs?

Having litters is involved and expensive, too. Probably moreso than a couple trips to the vet for health checks.
Dusty,

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

If you are going to breed, the dogs well being should be first, even before you and your own health. If health is going to come into play, then dont breed. Are you going to be able to raise 7 or so dogs with your wife having health problems?

If you cant put the dogs first, then dont breed until you can.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

Was this an oops litter then?
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Mobil
Training Dog

Post by Mobil »

LyonsFamily wrote:Was this an oops litter then?
I would guess not, judging by the wording of the OP.
Dusty,

dogbyte
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been owned by German Shepherd Dogs for over 20 years. I have come to the dark side with my first Dutch Shepherd. Rossi is an almost 11 month old female from Land of Oz kennel. I have a 10 year old GSD and an 8 year old.

Post by dogbyte »

I agree about the hips...being owned by my first Dutch with crappy hips....and a breeder who is breeding her father to it's 1/2 sister.........
cathy,jaden,gracie & rossi with xara, chance and zoey forever snuggled deep inside my heart
stillfan45
Puppy

Post by stillfan45 »

Correction update:

The Sire's hips and elbows have been done and both are good.
harrison
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I just moved to a house on a cove in Maine. I want a KNPV working line longhaired DS as a pet.

Post by harrison »

Any chance of a recessive longhair pup?
stillfan45
Puppy

Post by stillfan45 »

Update on litter.

Mom went to PD here in Virginia. Three males and one female went to K9 homes. One female "the weakest" lol, went to a gentlemen who dose frisbee competition. I kept the pick male and 2 females back for breeding. One female is going to SAR and two have yet to go. Very pleased that these pups will be showcased in the years to come. That brings me to 17 for 17 on pups I've started and developed into working dogs over the years.
Nancy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am the mom of a 22 year old son that came home with a Dog part Akita and part German Shepherd. My other son has a full breed Dutch Shepherd. All of a sudden I have 9 puppies. They are so very cute, however I know they need a forever home. We have 3 males left. 2 are black with white spots on chest and the other is brindle. They are 10 weeks old today and have had their first shots already. You can see the pups on my facebook page Nancy Chastain

Post by Nancy »

We have 3 males 10 weeks old that need a forever home. 2 are black with a white spot and one is brindle.
They have had their first shot. They are very cute. These pups are mixed DS and German Shepherd Akita
Nancy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am the mom of a 22 year old son that came home with a Dog part Akita and part German Shepherd. My other son has a full breed Dutch Shepherd. All of a sudden I have 9 puppies. They are so very cute, however I know they need a forever home. We have 3 males left. 2 are black with white spots on chest and the other is brindle. They are 10 weeks old today and have had their first shots already. You can see the pups on my facebook page Nancy Chastain

Post by Nancy »

All the male puppies have been rehomed.