Houston, TX, Craigslist Dutch Shepherd

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
fetch
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Dutch and Malinois owner.

Houston, TX, Craigslist Dutch Shepherd

Post by fetch »

In case anyone is interested:

http://houston.craigslist.org/pet/5032309994.html

"10 month old beautiful Dutch Shepherd for rehoming ($800). She is well socialized with both dogs and humans. She has a great energy level, she can be calm outside, yet display great training energy and enthusiasm. She does great with recall and potties on que with a quick return and sits directly at your feet. She is an import from Europe, but I do not have papers. Call between 1-6pm, 832-768-4859 (Mark)If I don't respond leave a message. "

Or maybe I should have put it in sales? Tough call. Let me know if I should move it.

Also, this is not me/my dog. In fact, we're looking to add the right dog (male as females are out due to the resident bitch's preferences) to the fam and aren't having much luck so far. As such, I was Googling various search strings for Dutch's and happened across it.
Attachments
00s0s_9cGdYkB77Ox_600x450.jpg
00L0L_gq2WKjTvx8M_600x450.jpg
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Houston, TX, Craigslist Dutch Shepherd

Post by Raven »

Moving to "Buy, Sell, Trade" section.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
bannerd
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).

Post by bannerd »

Is she spaded? Thank you, she is a cutie.
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

How is Kota?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
fetch
Puppy

Post by fetch »

I don't know if she's spayed or not. As I mentioned in the OP, it's not my ad. (: For that price, though, I would assume she is not.

Although I'm thinking of this entry should probably be deleted if possible, truth be told. I got over excited after reading on the forums here of folks who'd found their DS off of CL. That is what led to posting this when it popped up in my search results.

But after spending several hours last night and today with a dedicated CL search engine, there's absolutely zero doubt in my mind CL is a cornucopia of flakes, scams, and shades on there when it comes to the dog listings. Not to mention some pretty ignorant BYBs and/or those who don't even hide they're only in it for the perceived piles of money they can make by watching dogs have sex. Which is a shame since I've always had good luck with CL as a marketplace, buying or selling, just about everything else. Go figure.

As such, the ad I found may be indeed be too good to be true. Buyer beware and all that good garbage, eh?
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

I'm not inclined to delete posts--but especially not yours, having added your cautionary tale.
bannerd
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).

Post by bannerd »

Raven wrote:How is Kota?
Koda is good, he just turned three years old. Wife and I just picked up 31 acres of land so we're hoping to breed him. I think we're going to keep at least three dogs and do some herding because putting our chickens and goats back into the coop is getting to be too much.

He's been on high alert this month with all the state police looking for the convicts in our back lawn. A few troopers had dutch shepherds but are not nearly has massive as Koda. He's a big dog at 80lbs.
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
fetch
Puppy

Post by fetch »

Fair enough. I still feel sheepish about it, though, as I'm not exactly wet behind the ears when it comes to the wicked, wicked, ways of teh interwebz.

Baaahhhhh.....

(: