Just registered? Read This
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
Columns and Rows in your posts?
Photo Uploads - Updated Instructions
Latest K9 Products Series - Suppliers
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

This forum has a Facebook page. Click here and like the page to stay up to date with all the latest activity.
Did you know you can embed YouTube videos in your posts? Instructions Here

RIP MWD Bino

In remembrance of our lost friends
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.

RIP MWD Bino

Post by ZodiacT » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 pm

I posted a video previously about MWD Bino, a Dutch Shepherd and retired military working dog who received a Hero Dog Award for his continued service in helping veterans. I am sad to say that this wonderful canine passed away yesterday at the age of 13.
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC

felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Re: RIP MWD Bino

Post by felixone123 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Oh yes, I remembered this. Found it all so interesting. So sad and sorry to hear this.
Barbara, Odin & Kai

Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 pm

:cry: Sorry to hear.
Sue (and Sugar)

alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:50 am

RIP to a brave, heroic DS.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 am

RIP thanks for your service.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage

kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:02 pm

How sad, I cried my eyes out watching the awesome videos about him. What an amazing dog. Rest in peace, Bino.
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin