PHOTO CONTEST - March Theme is Classy-> Vote Here
|February Photo of the Month|
Pictured: Karma and Kannon
Submitted by: Wes Thompson
Protection Mode in a Blackout
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds
Please take a moment
to complete the
Photo Contest Survey
Did you know you can embed YouTube
videos in your posts? Instructions Here
|Just registered? Read This.||Click Here for the forum Facebook page.|
In remembrance of our lost friends
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Green Dog
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:50 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.
- Location: Andrews Air Force Base, MD
I posted a video previously about MWD Bino, a Dutch Shepherd and retired military working dog who received a Hero Dog Award for his continued service in helping veterans. I am sad to say that this wonderful canine passed away yesterday at the age of 13.
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Oh yes, I remembered this. Found it all so interesting. So sad and sorry to hear this.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.
- Location: Victoria BC
Sorry to hear.
Sue (and Sugar)
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1219
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!
- Location: Corinth, New York
RIP to a brave, heroic DS.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5047
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
RIP thanks for your service.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
- Training Dog
- Posts: 539
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)
- Location: McCurtain, Ok
How sad, I cried my eyes out watching the awesome videos about him. What an amazing dog. Rest in peace, Bino.
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin