RIP Chance

In remembrance of our lost friends
Manstrom
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.

RIP Chance

Post by Manstrom »

When I called home to tell my godmother I had finally got a dog again got some bad news. Found out my Rhodesian Ridgeback passed from a heartattack. Chance was the first dog I ever trained myself back when I was about12. Being too big for our cottage he freeroamed a huge pasture with our two female ridgebacks but was easily behaved enough to have been a house dog. Seems one of the neighbors had been firing off fireworks (illegal in Illinois) and he got scared. He had just sired his last litter so at atleast he lives on in that respect.
CH_Sidiboarani_Beat_The_Drum.jpeg
CH_Sidiboarani_Beat_The_Drum.jpeg (10.58 KiB) Viewed 10790 times
Extremely old pic of him.
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: RIP Chance

Post by vneerland »

So sorry :(
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

So sorry for your loss.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Sorry for your loss. Good looking boy you had there. Very muscular!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sorry for your loss. Hugs from the girls.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Manstrom
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 23 year old military member who just got my first Dutch shepherd. I've grown up my whole life with various breeds and trained Rhodesian ridgebacks for several years prior to joining the service.

Post by Manstrom »

He was a beast with the mind of a small puppy. He thought he was a lap dog but with his paws on my shoulders he was above eye level (im 6'1"). The funny part was my mom's chihuahua, Nia, would boss him around when we let her out.
"A German Shepherd does what you tell it to, a Malinois does it before you tell it, a Dutch Shepherd does it before you think it"
-Harvey, DS puppy
-Paul, gsd/lab/? Mix
-RIP Chance, 12 year old rhodesian ridgeback
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Very sorry, he was beautiful.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Sorry for your loss! :alright:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

so sorry for your loss :(
Barbara, Odin & Kai
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Post by feraloup »

Very sorry to hear. What a belly-drop... Especially when you were calling for an upbeat reason and then to have the tone shift so unexpectedly. He was a beautiful boy, I've always loved ridgebacks.
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Sorry for your loss :(
Nico
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello everyone, I live in Brooklyn New York. I am about to bring a female Dutch Shepherd puppy into my house, and though she isn't here yet I have a ton of questions I want to know the answers to before she arrives on the scene. Looking forward to being an active member of the community and contributing what I can. Thanks,
Nico

Post by Nico »

Hi
I am also sorry to hear of your loss, I also had Rhodesian Ridgebacks as a kid. 2 of them Cuba and Mitsuko. They have long since passed on but I saw this post and wanted to extend my condolences to you. Glad you have Harvey in your world. all the best,
Nico
Nico, Molly and Cola