Hopper

In remembrance of our lost friends
Ben_jamin
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Ben. I've been a dog lover for my entire life. I currently own a GSD (Hopper) and a Boxer (Phoebe). They are my kids and best friends.

As far as DS's go, I've never owned one and this is the reason I'm here. I'm looking to learn more about the breed since I'm thinking of adding one to my family.

Hopper

Post by Ben_jamin »

I know that he was not a DS but I don't think you all will mind the post too much.

I had to say goodbye to Hopper yesterday. I believe this was the hardest decision I've ever had to make and I haven't cried like this in years. There just are no words to adequately describe the hurricane of emotions flooding through me right now. The guilt, even though I know I did what was best for him, the sadness... my best friend is gone and there is a hole in my life now. The whole world just feels a little bit darker and grayer.

I don't know what comes after this existence, I can only hope that I will meet him again there. In essence, I hope that he truly will be waiting at the bridge.
Attachments
Hopper and shoe.jpg
Hopper and shoe.jpg (195.83 KiB) Viewed 6814 times
Hopper1.jpg
Hopper1.jpg (182.12 KiB) Viewed 6814 times
Ben, Ginny & Phoebe.
Hopper - Waiting patiently at the bridge.
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Hopper

Post by Raven »

Know that you have not traveled this grey, lonesome road alone...and know that while you feel a hole in your heart right now, there will be a day when it is filled with memories that will only make you smile.

...We are given our memories so that we may have wildflowers in winter...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You did what was best. And doing what is best can be the hardest thing we ever do.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

Having gone through that in mid-2012, i cried with you at the thought of the pain. as if everything else is not enough, that sensation of guilt despite having done the only humane thing is just horrid and strange.

Hopper is truly a gorgeous and attentive dog that i would have had trouble not taking home if ever given the chance. i am sorry his last year was not up to his expectations, but i am sure he appreciated your care and support during this time.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Pit$Bull
Technical Administrator
Tell us about yourself: Trouble - tripawd cancer survivor. - Age 13 Rest in Peace, Sweet Girl.

Duke - rescue - Age 11
Emmi - rescue - Age 5

Post by Pit$Bull »

R.I.P. Hopper
rainbow.jpg
rainbow.jpg (1.03 KiB) Viewed 6800 times
'Spirit' Trouble - Forever in my Heart.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I hear ya on how hard it is to make this decision. Been there too. We are here with you in your sorrow.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

Hopper is beautiful.... It is so hard to say goodbye, even when you know it is best. Feeling your pain and sharing your sorrow in SC...
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

I am so sorry for your loss. Had to make the decision twice in one year myself.

I too got a little teary reading your post.

Rest in peace Hopper.
:DSangel:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Ben_jamin
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Ben. I've been a dog lover for my entire life. I currently own a GSD (Hopper) and a Boxer (Phoebe). They are my kids and best friends.

As far as DS's go, I've never owned one and this is the reason I'm here. I'm looking to learn more about the breed since I'm thinking of adding one to my family.

Post by Ben_jamin »

Thank you all for your kind words and sentiments. It feels a bit selfish (I wouldn't wish this for anyone), but it is comforting to know that there are those who have been through this and understand.

I want to say more, to express my gratitude to you all but I don't know how to say it. Just thank you.
Ben, Ginny & Phoebe.
Hopper - Waiting patiently at the bridge.