We are going to miss you so much Hauss

In remembrance of our lost friends
Jussume
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have been adopted by a Dutch Shepherd named Hauss. He was brought into a family with 2 dogs and a cat almost 4 years ago. He is a very loving dog towards those he knows. I know very little about the breed and wish to lean how to train some bad habits out of him. I'm coming here in hopes of finding help.

We are going to miss you so much Hauss

Post by Jussume »

It is with a heavy heart we have to say good bye to Hauss. In his 4 1/2 years on this planet he stole our hearts. He was born with a kidney disease that went undiagnosed. His family is going to miss him very much. :cry:
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Re: We are going to miss you so much Hauss

Post by cordeliandemon »

So sorry to hear that :(
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

:cry: I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad he is not suffering any more. I know it's hard and it brought tears to my eyes. He will always be with you in your heart.
Karen & Xander
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

i am so sad for you.
what a regal-looking dog he was and a joy for you.
it is a horrible thing to experience the death of a dog you are so close to but to do so with so little warning, no time to adjust is just not right.
sorry you are having to deal with the loss of Hauss this way. we are all thinking of you.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Jussume
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have been adopted by a Dutch Shepherd named Hauss. He was brought into a family with 2 dogs and a cat almost 4 years ago. He is a very loving dog towards those he knows. I know very little about the breed and wish to lean how to train some bad habits out of him. I'm coming here in hopes of finding help.

Post by Jussume »

Thank you all. I do miss him it's just too quiet at home. For a little monster I did not ask for, he really touched my heart and was a very special grandpup. If Grammy left him too long a time she got a talking to when she got home :o). I'm glad to have had a chance to get so close to him. :cry:
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Sorry for your loss.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Big Hugs from Me and the girls
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Post by Stacy_R »

We are so very sorry for your loss. {{hugs}}
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

Oh, no. I'm so sorry.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
LisaV
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Married with 4 kids + 2 dogs (1 DS, 1 GSD) +2 cats

Post by LisaV »

Very sorry to hear of your loss. That's much too young. He looks a stunning boy too.
Jussume
Just Whelped

Post by Jussume »

Thank you, he was the center of my universe and seemed pretty healthy until I took him to the vet. :(
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

How did you find out he had kidney disease? That's very sad and he was so young. He's the same age as my boy is.
Jussume
Just Whelped

Post by Jussume »

One day I noticed a drop of blood on his penis and thought maybe he had a bladder or kidney infection as I had that issue with another of my dogs in the past. When they ran his blood work they claimed he was so far into kidney failure they didn't know how he was looking so well. I do now think I should have just left him alone instead of the treatment as I blame it for taking my pet. I'm told animals, as with humans, are not tested for kidney issues until there appears to be a problem. The dog never acted sick until after we started treating him. I wish you luck as it still hurts to think about it.
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

You mentioned you had this problem in the past, were you feeding them both the same food? What kind?
Jussume
Just Whelped

Post by Jussume »

This was my son's dog and he was being fed a very expensive high quality dog food. I do not recall what brand. No I did not have this in the past, I lost 2 animals very young and have a 12 yr old dog with kidney issues. They tell me bad luck and it was congenital. I suspect since using frontline this year (which I have been using for over 15 years) it attracted some flees that were carrying something that killed my pets. I can't prove it because they will only go so far in autopsy of pets and all blood work came back negative for disease or virus.

good luck with you dog.
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

I'm just catching up. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Karen & Xander
Jussume
Just Whelped

Post by Jussume »

Thank you been rough year
Mark77
Training Dog

Post by Mark77 »

I would plan on another puppy in the Spring, to help you move on. There will be a huge hole in my heart when any of my dogs go.