Nico vom Dornberger Land

In remembrance of our lost friends
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Nico vom Dornberger Land

Post by Schlussdibusti »

I uploaded a video to my youtube channel (link in signature) as a homage to my Nico vom Dornbergerland. :hail:

My dad shot a little video with a Super 8 video camera in 1986 at the Heinrich-Baumann-Pokal. Yeah, such a long time ago :( Since he was otherwise not very interested in the Schutzhund training, he didn't know the when what where and did not film the interesting parts like "Voraus" and "Lange Flucht". :whistle: But I don't want to complain dad, at least we have something! :cheer:

I was super nervous and of course that shows. :lala: :whistle:

But it has to me more sentimental value anyway. :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: Nico vom Dornberger Land

Post by vneerland »

Love the dogs name. :mrgreen:
I did not see the clip. Takes my computer too long, but I am always impressed when a 3 year old handler (you must have been, in 1986?) ;) can trial a dog. Congrats.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

My performance sometimes looked like a 3 year old, that's for sure! :mrgreen: :binkybaby:

Also, Nico learned three weeks prior (when we got his Schutzhund I designation) when the "boss" is very nervous because a well dressed gentleman holding a book and pen is around, he can get away with "murder", i.e. ignores the "aus" and keeps wrestling with the decoy :fencing: without the boss "interfering"! :whistle:

BTW... I got some feedback from folks in Germany they could not watch the video because of the music (some issue with copyright or so). Did anyone had the same issue ? :huh:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Schlussdibusti wrote:

BTW... I got some feedback from folks in Germany they could not watch the video because of the music (some issue with copyright or so). Did anyone had the same issue ? :huh:
yup, me too, but hey. I'm in Germany too so... :lol:
I did see that other video of the water search, awesome! You should consider SAR work, I have never seen a dog search this intensive in the water! Good job ;)
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

I uploaded to image shack too : http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4498/sxrq.mp4

Does this work in good 'ol Germany?
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida