Merle's Door

Read an interesting book lately?
jjohnsice
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: jsut lost my maggie p of 14 yrs, never knew what breed she was until someone on a degenerative mylthopia noticed her pics and told me what she was. the most loyal, intelligent, athleic, loving dog a person could ever ask for.

Merle's Door

Post by jjohnsice »

All DS owners willove reading this book, about and author ourdoors man and the adventures so a dog he adopted on a float trip, their adventures together, though hunting, women, the community.. a truely great book about a great relationship with a dog. Im sure all of you being Dutch Shepard owners can relate.
john h
the departed maggie p
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Merle's Door

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oohh Ill have to get it!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

I love this book. But a little warning, your husbands (or s/o) and family and friends will probably get annoyed of hearing all of the facts and interesting dog related careers available that are mentioned throughout the stories.

I first got this book when I started dating my (now) husband. Our first date was a bet on whether or not he'd stop making fun of me for talking about dogs so much. Never-less, thanks to this book, I had enough random facts to annoy him into losing.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

whaaaaa!! my vet read that book and told me I would love it!! Have to get it now.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

LyonsFamily wrote:I first got this book when I started dating my (now) husband. Our first date was a bet on whether or not he'd stop making fun of me for talking about dogs so much. Never-less, thanks to this book, I had enough random facts to annoy him into losing.
And he still married you? :o (that would indeed be a keeper then) :player:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

I just found a copy on my desk that someone had loaned/given me a few months ago. I need to make time to read it! Thank you for the reminder!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown