August Photo of the Month Winner
Theme: Hiking
Pictured: Ten
Submitted by: DebiAndTen
Hiking Love

September Theme is Training
Just registered? Read This.

Attention New Members: If you sign up and don't receive an activation email right away, send an email to Centrop67 at gmail, and I will activate you manually.

Featured Topics
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

New option for posting images: Image

Collared scholar deal

General issues of training/education
TimL_168
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Collared scholar deal

Post by TimL_168 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:45 pm

http://www.collared-scholar.com/all-access-pass/
Anyone think this is worth it? It's still a bunch of money for me, and I'm not even sure I could make it worth while in just a year.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Collared scholar deal

Post by Dutchringgirl » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 am

wow, i dont know. I have always worked with a trainer in person.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage

TimL_168
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:49 am

Dutchringgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 am
I've done a ton of research online, but I've had major epiphanies working with others. I've heard a good bit of positive stuff regarding them.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 am

TimL_168 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:49 am
Dutchringgirl wrote:
I've done a ton of research online, but I've had major epiphanies working with others. I've heard a good bit of positive stuff regarding them.
You can’t learn about training your dog from the internet... to me it’s not worth the money... you need hands on training imho I watch videos of certain exercises but I’ve also got an extensive training background and understand exactly what I’m seeing... for the average person it’s not worth it

TimL_168
Training Dog

Post by TimL_168 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am

Steve Gossmeyer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 am
TimL_168 wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:
You can’t learn about training your dog from the internet... to me it’s not worth the money... you need hands on training imho I watch videos of certain exercises but I’ve also got an extensive training background and understand exactly what I’m seeing... for the average person it’s not worth it
Thanks Steve. That's the kind of insight I was looking for.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:05 pm

TimL_168 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am
Steve Gossmeyer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 am
TimL_168 wrote:

Thanks Steve. That's the kind of insight I was looking for.
Just come to Long Island for a few weeks lol

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.

Post by Joxgirl » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:49 pm

We need a DS party up at Steve’s place.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG