Collared scholar deal

General issues of training/education
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Collared scholar deal

Post by TimL_168 »

http://www.collared-scholar.com/all-access-pass/
Anyone think this is worth it? It's still a bunch of money for me, and I'm not even sure I could make it worth while in just a year.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Collared scholar deal

Post by Dutchringgirl »

wow, i dont know. I have always worked with a trainer in person.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 am wow, i dont know. I have always worked with a trainer in person.
I've done a ton of research online, but I've had major epiphanies working with others. I've heard a good bit of positive stuff regarding them.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

TimL_168 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:49 am
Dutchringgirl wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 am wow, i dont know. I have always worked with a trainer in person.
I've done a ton of research online, but I've had major epiphanies working with others. I've heard a good bit of positive stuff regarding them.
You can’t learn about training your dog from the internet... to me it’s not worth the money... you need hands on training imho I watch videos of certain exercises but I’ve also got an extensive training background and understand exactly what I’m seeing... for the average person it’s not worth it
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 am
You can’t learn about training your dog from the internet... to me it’s not worth the money... you need hands on training imho I watch videos of certain exercises but I’ve also got an extensive training background and understand exactly what I’m seeing... for the average person it’s not worth it
Thanks Steve. That's the kind of insight I was looking for.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

TimL_168 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am
Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 am

Thanks Steve. That's the kind of insight I was looking for.
Just come to Long Island for a few weeks lol
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

We need a DS party up at Steve’s place.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG