Crowded Lowe's Xmas Shopping!

General issues of training/education
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

Crowded Lowe's Xmas Shopping!

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

Three months ago I braced when we crossed another person or dog's path on walks. We were experiencing constant alpha battles.
He was stressed. Last weekend we went for a stroll in a crowded Lowe's and then sat by the front watching ppl rush in and out of the doors and a couple of children playing to the left.

Two things: He keeps looking up because why is the sky talking? And he really really wanted to play in the automatic doors. 😂. You'll also hear me say "not too much pressure" when he's in a sit stay because a crowd just rushed up behind us and I wanted to make sure he won this round.

He will get in anything, on anything, under anything. He now trusts us to be the assertive party on any walks and if you notice checks in with us frequently. We were not stressing a perfect heel because we wanted him to explore all the new sights and sounds.

We were stopped 5 times, twice to tell us what a good boy he is (haha), twice to ask what he is, and someone followed us in the parking lot because he had a Dutchie too, and we spoke about how getting a real working dog trainer turned us around. (Thanks Steve!)

Here's our video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HNJ8dajeGGT7TcyQ2
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Crowded Lowe's Xmas Shopping!

Post by centrop67 »

:wtg:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers