Training plan for a new pup

General issues of training/education
Maverickboy331
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Owner of a vizsla pit mix 1 year old and now a Dutch Shepard 8 week old.

Training plan for a new pup

Post by Maverickboy331 »

Hey everyone! We just got a puppy DS(Maverick). Our first one but not first dog. The plan is to train him for ipo and agility. Any suggestions on where to start with training for that type of work? Thanks for any help!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Training plan for a new pup

Post by centrop67 »

Hopefully, you have a local club for IPO - it's probably the best place to start.

You'll definitely need help from experienced eyes.

You may also want to check out the book-> Shutzhund Obedience: Training in Drive by Sheila Booth and Gottfried Dildei
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Maverickboy331 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 pm Hey everyone! We just got a puppy DS(Maverick). Our first one but not first dog. The plan is to train him for ipo and agility. Any suggestions on where to start with training for that type of work? Thanks for any help!
Where are you located? I can help you find an Ipo club
Maverickboy331
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Owner of a vizsla pit mix 1 year old and now a Dutch Shepard 8 week old.

Post by Maverickboy331 »

Tampa fl