Standards, must or not to

Susannah
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 29 year old nurse. 2 year old dutch shepherd at home and iguana.

Standards, must or not to

Post by Susannah »

Hello. My guestion is, what country are u and what can u do?

Example, here in finland u cannot use chocers, electric collars, spike collars, etc. U name it.

Well, then, what can u do, really, when 40kg pure power chooses another dog. Human. Rabbit. Smell...

Here are those *work on and give her treat* things at obey. But really. I hate this country, can u just give treats and there it is? No.

So, what would u do in my place? Treats, no, ball no toy no. Very independent girl with hard head and hard drives.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Standards, must or not to

Post by Dutchringgirl »

You can use them at all?? Then I would go online and watch Leerburg videos until my eyes bleed and train like crazy on your recall.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

You might consider BAT Training.

The essence of this training is to attract the attention of the dog BEFORE the dog goes over threshold. It's not easy and it takes a lot of time and effort.

The hard parts:
Identifying signs early.
Setting up training scenarios.
Identifying rewards that will attract and retain attention.

You might also consider finding a trainer specializing in this problem to help.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Susannah
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 29 year old nurse. 2 year old dutch shepherd at home and iguana.

Post by Susannah »

Oh yes, tried that. Thx. I bought impulse collar, and now she wont attack or bark. Listend greatly and takes treats. Collar gives a shock when she barks, i read law, and there states it is legal but remote is not. Works wonders, i wonder why they are illegal when they work so great properly used....
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Susannah wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:02 pm Oh yes, tried that. Thx. I bought impulse collar, and now she wont attack or bark. Listend greatly and takes treats. Collar gives a shock when she barks, i read law, and there states it is legal but remote is not. Works wonders, i wonder why they are illegal when they work so great properly used....
These are the key words PROPERLY USED

Anything can be good if properly used, anything can be bad if improperly used. I get a TON of flack about my prong collars, but that is from people who do not know how to use them or know anything about them.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage