Losing it.

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Losing it.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

If I am reading Kiras directions properly, this is what we did with our Ring dogs. We would put them in a down in the middle of the room and start with a Hamster rolling around in a ball, the dog could not move. We also did alot of LOOK, so the dog looks at us and not what is "bothering" him, this , then would be used at the line so the dog looks at us and not the decoy. You could possibly put Hauss down and have him look at you so when the aussi comes in to play, he ignores him. As with all training, doing it a thousand times and many times a day will help.

For the ecollar, with proper training, as with any tool, it is a great tool. Even on vibrate or the lowest setting it will just give them a reminder of what you want and I love the hands free part. I would find a good trainer first though and have them help you with the ecollar, if its used improperly, you can be doing more damage, especially if he is more aggressive then usual. I usually stick with the prongs as long as I can.

For working recall as in Johnnys situation, A long line and a prong and a thousand recalls a day gives them a good idea of what you want, then the e collar off leash will make sure they dont forget when a juicy prey walks by.

OH, and the unfairness, right, they dont like it LOLOL but oh well. I get the " mom ! but... but.. i wanna bite him !"
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage