Keeping my DS mind active.

ajkern
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a dutch shepherd lab mix.

Keeping my DS mind active.

Post by ajkern »

Yes, we all know to keep them thinking. Chloe can do just about anything that I ask of her. Is there a game or puzzle out there that will keep her thinking? Or a new trick that I have not thought of yet?
dogbyte
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been owned by German Shepherd Dogs for over 20 years. I have come to the dark side with my first Dutch Shepherd. Rossi is an almost 11 month old female from Land of Oz kennel. I have a 10 year old GSD and an 8 year old.

Re: Keeping my DS mind active.

Post by dogbyte »

Nose work games of any kind are great, especially if you are where the winters are cold and snowy...They don't have to be formal like "nosework" for competition, although Rossi is learning that..Also Pamsdogtraining.com has super neat free videos on tricks...and leerburg.com has some neat obedience free videos that can be done in smaller spaces...I'm also always on the look out for new things to teach Rossi...take every day things, like learning to get you a bottle of water out of an ice chest, putting their toys up, getting your shoes (unless your dutch has the same business as Rossi "Designs by Rossi , the shabby chic line" and shoes are off limits to her mouth....they can learn to chain all kinds of behaviors together...
cathy,jaden,gracie & rossi with xara, chance and zoey forever snuggled deep inside my heart
HeatherH
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Heather. My husband and I are empty nesters in or mid 40. We bought a 8 wk old ds from a breeder. We got the name buy a new neighbor. I bought thr dog because we both just putvthe last of or 3 dogs down. I had a dalmatian before I met my husband 4 yeats ago. The love of my life. Iove dogs that are smart and full of energy. I lve hiking but need yhe push. I am just learning alot about the new little guy, but I need more info.

Post by HeatherH »

I love making up games with Dutch. He knows the difference between the car the van, his toys names. its's clean up time ( he has to put away his toys), and who everyone's name in the house and what room they are in.

We play games in the basement as well hide, find etc. All teaching games.
Heather from Hamilton Ont.
Dutch- DS.
Pearl - cat
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

As others have indicated, there's tons of stuff. Tons. It might help to know what you do with her now so folks can offer suggestions beyond what you are doing.

How old is Chloe?
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~