I left my DS out of the kennel and went out and...

karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Re: I left my DS out of the kennel and went out and...

Post by karenz »

I don't know but that second picture is soooo funny. She has that little innocent look. Lol
Karen & Xander
nvd
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Name is Nick, I am Canadian and my background is Dutch.
I love dogs and animals in general. I have always wanted a DS.
So now im in the process to educate my self on them before I
take the plunge! - Now I have one! not like any other dog thats
forsure!

Post by nvd »

She clearly wasnt board that day! lol kinda funny.. we have a 8month old and have left him out of his crate for 20 min once to just see, went to to tims and came back to him sitting at front window looking out lol
Nick V.
Dutch Shepherd - Tyson - Born June 12, 2014
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Radar spends almost no time locked in his kennel anymore, but he still has his lapses.

This occurs mostly in the morning while my wife is in the shower, and I've already left for the day. He'll grab something he knows he's not supposed to have and then... he run's into his kennel and lays on top of it. If you don't notice right away - which is evident by the way he plops down in the kennel - he'll start chewing it up. His items consist mostly of shoes, underwear, and socks.

My guess is he's bored and/or wants attention. Luckily for me he only has a thing for women's shoes. :lol:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

it may be just a fluke - a sudden great idea.
if you explained that those are for you, then i personally would ignore it and give benefit of doubt. but also make sure she has at least one elk or deer antler or equiv to chomp on any time she wants.

flukes like that have happened to me on very rare occasion over the last 15 years, but never had any meaning beyond dog maybe being in a great playful mood and getting a great idea.

edit: do make sure there is nothing dangerous though.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

I would need to ask about training, overall. Sure, a dog can lapse, but....

And how old is the dog? You said you left the dog out several times in the past, which seems to say the dog is younger???? I know I've seen your name, yet am unable to remember specifics.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
dogbyte
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been owned by German Shepherd Dogs for over 20 years. I have come to the dark side with my first Dutch Shepherd. Rossi is an almost 11 month old female from Land of Oz kennel. I have a 10 year old GSD and an 8 year old.

Post by dogbyte »

Rossi is 22months old...if I left her out of her crate when i was gone, I would know how much stuffing is in my furniture...she has figured out how to get up taller to get things...and she get's lots of training and activity...It's just who she is..I asked a friend when her Mal got better...she said 6....years not months and then at 10 she decided she could jump on the dresser. go figure
cathy,jaden,gracie & rossi with xara, chance and zoey forever snuggled deep inside my heart
dogbyte
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have been owned by German Shepherd Dogs for over 20 years. I have come to the dark side with my first Dutch Shepherd. Rossi is an almost 11 month old female from Land of Oz kennel. I have a 10 year old GSD and an 8 year old.

Post by dogbyte »

This is why God invented dog crates....Rossi has a dane sized one taking up almost the entire floor in my craft/photography room as she was banging her right eye twirling wildly when i get home or the other dogs go out when in her plastic one..which she sleeps in....And they never want "their" toys....things they can't have must be better, or why else would they be off limits???
cathy,jaden,gracie & rossi with xara, chance and zoey forever snuggled deep inside my heart