Introducing 2 dominant dogs

Tappy4me
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I've had Belgian Malinois for years at my folks. I just got married, and a friend of mine who does search and rescue, had been keeping an eye out for Mali puppies for me. He came across a 9 month old Dutch Shepherd female pup who needed a home. She doesn't have the nerves to do the search and rescue she was intended for, but is perfect pet material. She's enough of a challenge to be alot of fun :)

Re: Introducing 2 dominant dogs

Post by Tappy4me »

Dutchringgirl wrote:
Tappy4me wrote: Giving them a chance to get each others scent slowly
They get each others scent quickly, alot quicker than we do. There is no slow with them. They can smell things outside the house far away, a dog on the other side of a wood divider is not a challange.
Oh i know. I meant more slowly than say, them getting a chance to shove noses up each others tushes haha...

Thankfully things are working out very well with them. Hackles still are going up occasionally while they're figuring each other out, but other than that they are doing awesome. Such a relief.
Owned by Flint (American Eskimo Dog) and Rufus (Dutch Shepherd mix) :)

In loving memory of Maiya, the best Dutch Shepherd. 2012-2013. At 14 months old, you had yet to live life to it's fullest. You touched our lives and will never be forgotten.

~Jess
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Tappy4me wrote: Oh i know. I meant more slowly than say, them getting a chance to shove noses up each others tushes haha...

Thankfully things are working out very well with them. Hackles still are going up occasionally while they're figuring each other out, but other than that they are doing awesome. Such a relief.

Oh, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sounds good !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Tappy4me
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I've had Belgian Malinois for years at my folks. I just got married, and a friend of mine who does search and rescue, had been keeping an eye out for Mali puppies for me. He came across a 9 month old Dutch Shepherd female pup who needed a home. She doesn't have the nerves to do the search and rescue she was intended for, but is perfect pet material. She's enough of a challenge to be alot of fun :)

Post by Tappy4me »

Here's a few pics!

In loving memory of Maiya, the best Dutch Shepherd. 2012-2013. At 14 months old, you had yet to live life to it's fullest. You touched our lives and will never be forgotten.

~Jess
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Um....................nice pics ! :duh:
ImageImage
Tappy4me
Green Dog

Post by Tappy4me »

Did they not show up? They showed on my computer and phone... haha.

Proof they're getting along! :)

~Jess
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Tappy4me
Green Dog

Post by Tappy4me »

These boys are inseparable now! Haha.

~Jess
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage