Suspicious and insecure behavior

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Suspicious and insecure behavior

Post by Dutchringgirl »

a true dog owner. sells patio furniture because the dog doesn't like it. Soon you will have nothing but a towel to sit on.

I would just leave everything alone and dont make a big deal of it. the more you push him and make a deal of it the worse it may get. I would train around the stuff, make some fun play around it and pretend its not there. Let him bark at it and figure it out for himself when he is out there on his own. Maybe just put some food by the stuff.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

One thought I just had is that it may not be the objects at all.

There could be a smell or sound that you can't hear or smell that causing this behavior. Remember those senses are way better on the dog than you.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Its not the objects per se, if the patio furniture went and he switched his agression to other objects its his reaction in general.

I dont think its a smell, there is something going on about stuff. One thought was his protection sense is on super high but its not inside.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage