Tips for biting/teething. 3.5 month old male puppy.

Ciscokid80
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Cisco and my girlfriend and I adopted a rescue dog and we named him Shadow. Originally we were told he was a GS and cattle dog but we've come to discover that he looks like and most likely is a DS. He is currently 3.5 months old and we have had him since he was 8 weeks old.

Tips for biting/teething. 3.5 month old male puppy.

Post by Ciscokid80 »

Hello. I have a 3.5 month old male DS who my girlfriend and I got when he was 8 weeks old from a rescue. When we adopted him, we were told her was a GS/cattle dog mix. Come to find out later from our obedience trainer he is a DS. I know he is teething and nips because he wants to play but sometimes he gets in moods and will bite at every limb he can. Does anyone have any suggestions as too how to help with this. We have him enrolled in obedience training and train he twice a day as well as play and walk him, play fetch and tug. He does very well in his crate at night. Once we are done playing, we create him. He will whine for a few min then stop. We live in a smaller place more but are going to move to a bigger place with a yard in a few months. Any advice/suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Attachments
20161024_121028.jpg
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Tips for biting/teething. 3.5 month old male puppy.

Post by centrop67 »

Besides is my canine a Dutch Shepherd, this is probably the most common question asked here.

Basic best practice is to redirect the biting to toys and tugs that it's okay for him to bite. Try freezing some, but always have one at the ready.

As for moods, search this site for crazy hour...

Good luck.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Ciscokid80
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Cisco and my girlfriend and I adopted a rescue dog and we named him Shadow. Originally we were told he was a GS and cattle dog but we've come to discover that he looks like and most likely is a DS. He is currently 3.5 months old and we have had him since he was 8 weeks old.

Post by Ciscokid80 »

Thank you. I did look up and read up on the crazy hour. That's going to be interesting. I'm going to do some more reading of the threads on here. Thanks for the info.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

there is a lot on here already about puppyhood. Give a search and if you still have questions please ask. They love to bite and teethe. Just be firm on what you want and dont want
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage