How to tell you have a Dutch Shepherd

TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

How to tell you have a Dutch Shepherd

Post by TimL_168 »

Laying on the couch after a very hard week of work. Spent the last hour laying trails, working trails, playing fetch, tug, OB, etc. En is passed out along side me. She's dreaming. But, unlike every other dog I've ever had, she's not just whimpering and twitching her feet dreaming of chasing a critter. En is full bore growling in her sleep. Lips twitching. Toes digging in.
This must be where the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie" came from.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: How to tell you have a Dutch Shepherd

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh yeah, they must have some dreams. Mine growl, bark, run, just like they are awake.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Hahaha every night I hear hyena noises coming from crates! Lol they totally dream
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Rogue barks in her sleep. Lol.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
trapulica
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I'm from Croatia, after 2x German shepherd and Bernese Mountain Dog. Now I'm owner of Dutch Shepherd. My dog ''ZIP'' is born on 23 August 2016

Post by trapulica »

My Zip dreaming, barks and sing all in one .

Maybe he dreamint that he is boss in butchery :)