New dog food problem in the making?

Dietary/feeding issues
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

New dog food problem in the making?

Post by alspyce »

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Re: New dog food problem in the making?

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Lucky for me, my dogs aren't allowed to eat corn. Neither do I, for that matter. Most of the corn grown in the US (and used in almost every food) is GMO (Genetically Modified). And GMO corn kills mice, so I'm not eating it!
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.

Post by ZodiacT »

Dog food should not contain corn to begin with, most of the high-quality brands don't because it is just a useless filler.
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Makes us raw feeders glad we feed our way, and make us shudder at the thought of how many poor dogs are eating the cheeper kibbles because folks don't know/care what's in it.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

im so glad I feed raw. I dont eat corn either.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage