Hot Dogs

Dietary/feeding issues
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Hot Dogs

Post by alspyce »

Just got home with 300 pound of grain and hay pellet products for the horse.

And for the dogs -- 60 pounds of beef, 10 pounds of liver, 20 pounds of pork, ordered 80 pounds of chicken leg quarters, and 10 pound box Honest Kitchen Love. Still more store sales to check out tomorrow! :eek:

Looks like mom is living on hot dogs and beer again! What the heck---I like beer!
My family and friends think I'm :yernuts: They may be right.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Re: Hot Dogs

Post by felixone123 »

So, what time can we come for dinner with the furry kids? Mark loves beer and hotdogs!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

I'm in for the beer, but I would rather eat the leg quarters than hot dogs -and HANDS DOWN!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Oh my, looks almost like my shopping list, but I have to add other critter feed - chicken, sheep, cat and rabbit for the farm. Needless to say, mom doesnt get her nails done, shop designer clothes or eat out often. But that's ok because having my little farm is priceless to me!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

GSDNanny wrote:Oh my, looks almost like my shopping list, but I have to add other critter feed - chicken, sheep, cat and rabbit for the farm. Needless to say, mom doesnt get her nails done, shop designer clothes or eat out often. But that's ok because having my little farm is priceless to me!
Your priorities seem right on to me!!

We had rabbits, ducks, chickens, a goat, 2 sheep (not for long), pigs (also not for long----at a time), cats, my rescued wildlife, and of course the dogs and horses. Life has quieted down alot here---thank god! I can't do that amount of work anymore. :eek:

Doing homemade Yogurt (2 Gallons) today. :yernuts: :g_wink:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric