Throwing up?

Dietary/feeding issues
kimkim
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.

Throwing up?

Post by kimkim »

My dog will sometimes throw up in the mornings... Just usually bile, yellow liquid. Does this mean anything? I thought it was just cause her tummy is emty... I did feed raw until I got to Va, they were fine on raw in Cali... I cant seem to find good meat here. Thats when she started throwing up allot, mostly bone. So now they (Em and Duke, a boxer) are on taste of the wild. But she will still throw up sometimes... My carpet is suffering! Now that they are back on kibble, they get fed two times a day. When I was feeding raw with honest kitchen it was once a day. Any thoughts? I am have upped her kibble amount.
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Throwing up?

Post by leih merigian »

I think that kind of vomiting is due to empty stomach. I usually give a few biscuits before bedtime, which seems to help a lot.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

Madix does this is as well if it was a particularly high exercise day, the next morning he'll sometimes vomit bile. Not all the time, just occasionally. I think due to an empty stomach as well.
kimkim
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.

Post by kimkim »

Thanks, I will try a couple treats before bed.
Kim
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Yup, same here. Dingo had it when he was young, I started with a biscuit at 10 o'clock. Worked for a while but then it started again. I than moved his feeding from 6 in the evening to 9 in the evening. In the morning 'round 7 he would eat again. That worked. When he was fully grown (3,5) years, I slowly moved the feeding back to around 7 in the evening, biscuit at 10. No more yellow druly puke in the morning ;)
kimkim
Puppy

Post by kimkim »

Hmm, change feed times... Thanks. Right now I am feeding at about 730 am and 6pm.
Kim