Fish Oil (Soy Free and Wild Caught)

Dietary/feeding issues
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Fish Oil (Soy Free and Wild Caught)

Post by LyonsFamily »

I'm posting this hear just to give a reference for the human brands I've found that offer soy free (no tocopherols) fish oils that contain wild caught fish. Hopefully someone will find this useful...

I'm posting photos to help identify the items. I highly recommend buying in person to make sure you can read the ingredients and the companies change things all of the time. Usually each of these places has a BOGO free sale and we stock up.

CVS
cvs pills.jpg
cvs pills.jpg (20.62 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
I know this had sardines and anchovies and was soy free and also had a bovine source for the gel caps instead of vegetable. I don't have a picture of the back to show ingredients, but I found them in the fish oil section shoved to the side in a cardboard package.

Dominicks
Safeway-pills.jpg
Safeway-pills.jpg (115.15 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
This is what I'm using right now. It says USA wild caught fish, and the ingredients are Alaska Walleye Pollock and/or Pacific Whiting and the capsule itself is made of Gelatin, Concentrated Glycerin, Purified water. Each softgel contains 360mg of total omega 3 fatty acids.

If someone's looking for a good human grade fish oil and can't find these, I can post a few more that friends have found.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Re: Fish Oil (Soy Free and Wild Caught)

Post by johninny »

Stephanie, thank you so much for following up from the other thread. there is a CVS handy, so this is very helpful. a new supplement for human and canine family members!
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka