June Photo of the Month Winner
Theme: Not So Classy
Submitted by: Duke
July Theme is Action
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds
New option for posting images:
Click Here for the forum Facebook page.
Just registered? Read This.
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am
- Tell us about yourself: .
I love some those looks he gives, like...Yeah, whatever, man; I just burned one; life's good.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
- Training Dog
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.
- Location: NC
He is looking great!!!
Karen & Xander
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:45 am
- Tell us about yourself: I was given my Dutch about 5 months ago. He is a handful but I love him and will keep training. He is a year old and I'm training him to be a service dog.
- Location: Las Vegas
Very happy I came across this forum. I was given my Dutchie about 5 months ago and he was also underweight. The previous owners had him on a raw diet but we're only feeding him 2 drum sticks in the morning and two in the evening and he was only 7 months. When Ingot him I did my own research on feeding raw and they were not feeding him correctly or enough. I switched him kibble simply because of cost. At this time, I can't afford to feed him raw properly. I switched him Merrick but he still need to put on weight. It's good to know that adding a high quality can food can also help but it's ok if it takes some time for him to put on the weight. He is 1 now and has a ton of energy. I have to take him to daycare because he escapes the crate and destroys my house.
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5260
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Hi Jvega, Just to let you know, this post is 6 months old. It would be great if you posted in the new member section and create a signature so we know who you are. Welcome !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT