Just registered? Read This
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
Columns and Rows in your posts?
Photo Uploads - Updated Instructions
Latest K9 Products Series - Suppliers
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

This forum has a Facebook page. Click here and like the page to stay up to date with all the latest activity.
Did you know you can embed YouTube videos in your posts? Instructions Here

Skinny rescue

Dietary/feeding issues
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Skinny rescue

Post by Raven » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:21 pm

I love some those looks he gives, like...Yeah, whatever, man; I just burned one; life's good.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~

karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:44 pm

He is looking great!!!
Karen & Xander

Jvega_21
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I was given my Dutch about 5 months ago. He is a handful but I love him and will keep training. He is a year old and I'm training him to be a service dog.

Post by Jvega_21 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:10 am

Very happy I came across this forum. I was given my Dutchie about 5 months ago and he was also underweight. The previous owners had him on a raw diet but we're only feeding him 2 drum sticks in the morning and two in the evening and he was only 7 months. When Ingot him I did my own research on feeding raw and they were not feeding him correctly or enough. I switched him kibble simply because of cost. At this time, I can't afford to feed him raw properly. I switched him Merrick but he still need to put on weight. It's good to know that adding a high quality can food can also help but it's ok if it takes some time for him to put on the weight. He is 1 now and has a ton of energy. I have to take him to daycare because he escapes the crate and destroys my house.
Attachments
image.jpeg

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:48 am

Hi Jvega, Just to let you know, this post is 6 months old. It would be great if you posted in the new member section and create a signature so we know who you are. Welcome !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage