Merrick sells to Nestle Purina

Dietary/feeding issues
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Re: Merrick sells to Nestle Purina

Post by Stacy_R »

Owned-By-Hendrix wrote:Just as a helpful tidbit, if you have any speciality shops in your area see if they have the Earthborn reps come by. They give out packets of the food as samples and are one of the few companies that are always in shops. Sometimes they will even mail you samples, one rep told me.
Truth. In fact, most specialty shops will have samples that reps have left there at the ready for customers to try.
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

Karen,

Check out the ratios (protein, fat, carbs) compared to other feeds you're considering on Advisor. This stuff can make your head spin, but Advisor is helpful. They also address the meat vs. meal, though it's the same thing Stacy said. It's a concentrated protein b/c of less water, and depending upon the percentage, you may even want to scale back on amount given, but others can speak more to that.

Earthborn plant employees also wear aprons made from recycled plastic. The more I learn about them, the more I like them.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Raven wrote:

Earthborn plant employees also wear aprons made from recycled plastic. The more I learn about them, the more I like them.

Love that, I will check them out

The dog food Advisor is great, it breaks down the ingredient for each food so you have a better idea of whats in it and what it all means.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Dutchringgirl wrote:
Raven wrote:

Love that, I will check them out

The dog food Advisor is great, it breaks down the ingredient for each food so you have a better idea of whats in it and what it all means.
I definitely like what I'm hearing from yall about Earthborn. I'm going to do some more reading before I decide. I'm thinking about buying 3 or 4 bags of his merricks tomorrow before they switch. I read it will be a month or so before the switch. That way I have time to decide. I am the type of person that wants to research everything before I buy something. Call me OCD, paranoid, or whatever. I just want the best for My Xander. :DSlove:

Oh and a couple new pics while I'm here.
img20150723_210054.jpg
img20150723_210021.jpg
Karen & Xander